Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They're back?

• 26-07-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

This just in from the guarniad...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/26/ira-northern-ireland-dissident-republican-groups

"Following extensive consultations, Irish republicans and a number of organisations involved in armed actions against the armed forces of the British crown have come together within a unified structure, under a single leadership, subservient to the constitution of the Irish Republican Army."

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

They will get no support from any decent, forward thinking individual in Ireland.
    In other words, anyone that has a working brain and is able to use it for good, not evil.

Personally, from me - they can go fcuk themselves, hopefully over a deep cliff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Real original in the naming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Lowlife scum, there is only one answer for them, shoot to kill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Continuity IRA forever along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

IRF?
    Doesn't really have the same ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

From the guarniad?

I'm missing the link to the guarniad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Probably a bunch of 16 year olds :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Biggins wrote: »
    They will get no support from any decent, forward thinking individual in Ireland.
    In other words, anyone that has a working brain and is able to use it for good, not evil.

that hasnt stopped them before:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

Pherekydes wrote: »
    From the guarniad?

I'm missing the link to the guarniad.

It's a reference to the Guardian's reputation in the past for typos and misspellings. Probably had something to do with the education level of their readers compared to other British newspapers' readers. Telegraph and the Heil have, by far, the most typos and misspellings.

PS To OP - The nickname is The Grauniad, not the guarniad. Type grauniad.co.uk and see where it redirects!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its grauniad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

mike65 wrote: »
    Its grauniad!

I'd like to say I did that on purpose, but that would be a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Hopefully they will blow themselves to pieces in their garden sheds before they can do any real damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I expect them all to be bumped off by the old IRA. I think Gerry Adams did say "we're not gone away you know" a few years back didn't he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Lowlife scum, there is only one answer for them, shoot to kill.

Become like them is it?

Yeah sure, give them some genuine grievances and increase their ranks by gifting them them a propaganda victory.

While we're at it we should put the British army back on the streets and gun down a few civilians to teach the population a lesson.

Unbelievable..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Why can't this new IRA do something useful ad fix the roads or something, that's what people want.
    I've been driving in and out of Dublin every day and my car takes a awful lot of abuse with the state of the roads.
    Also for anyone one a racer will know that the cycle lanes are no way good enough. These bastards have lots of money and won't use it for what we actually want. Instead they want to play soldiers.
    Just fix the ****ing roads or ****s off you selfish b0stards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

So the RAAD, with their hardline stance against drug dealers, are now cosying up with the Real IRA, who have run drug rackets throughout the north.
    Way to give up on your noble quest lads....if that was ever the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

The good thing is that unlike back in the day... there is no support at a local level any more.

They can try but they are doomed to fail. The world has become a lot smaller and a lot of people have moved on.

And that is a good thing for all the kids growing up there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Back? They never went away, y'know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

How long before a splinter group breaks off?

pragmatic1 wrote: »

Just as soon as the rot sets in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I feckin knew the rise of airsoft would lead idiots to go looking to use the hard stuff. Don't worry, they just want to be part of a lads group and take "cool" pictures of each other in their "RA" rig-outs. No need to get excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

PC CDROM wrote: »
    The good thing is that unlike back in the day... there is no support at a local level any more.

They can try but they are doomed to fail. The world has become a lot smaller and a lot of people have moved on.

And that is a good thing for all the kids growing up there now.

To be fair RAAD seem to be surviving in Derry pretty well, so they must have enough sympathisers.

I still think there is enough stupid people out there to give some form of support to these idiots. Even Gerry and Martin knew that violence was going nowhere. These tubes are just dolites with nothing better to fill their time.

They have done enough damage in Derry already, and they will ramp it up for the City of Culture in 2013. Just wait to see how many bomb scares, beatings and shootings there are next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Bunch of corner boy hoods is all this lot are.

Any ex-provoisional's joinig this shower of hoods was never a republican in the true sense imo.

Besides I seen the lads from the 'RIRA' at their Easter commemoration speech in Derry earlier in the year, them lads could not run a successful campaign to end the occupation of the six counties.

Thinking about it, the only thing the big lad I seen making the speech could run for would be the happy hour in his local chipper.

Give it up lads, no one on the island north or south wants to return to the BS again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

pragmatic1 wrote: »

They'll probably have a shindig in the Telstar or 7-20 with some karaoke on Sunday night. It'll get rowdy and someone will slag someone else's ma off.

I give them til Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I blame deadliest warrior for Taliban vs IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The fight is over lads. Neither Westminster or the Republic care anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

These guys still long for the 1970s/80s when they were on the news nightly but nobody gives a fcuk ,the world has moved on ...somebody should inform them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

Now personally if i was going to go down the violent struggle route, I'd be lining up the dodgy bankers, politicians, property developers etc.

Does anyone think, given our history for taking up arms that'll ever happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

I expect them all to be bumped off by the old IRA. I think Gerry Adams did say "we're not gone away you know" a few years back didn't he.

A few years, Teddy! August 1995, believe it or not. I remember the day. He was addressing a rally and somebody shouted from the crowd "What about the IRA?" and he responded "They haven't gone away, you know". Unionists (including John Bruton) went ballistic. Gerry Adams: 1; Unionists: 0.

Can't find the clip for love nor money on YouTube.

• Advertisement

pierrot wrote: »
    This just in from the guarniad...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/26/ira-northern-ireland-dissident-republican-groups

"Following extensive consultations, Irish republicans and a number of organisations involved in armed actions against the armed forces of the British crown have come together within a unified structure, under a single leadership, subservient to the constitution of the Irish Republican Army."

Before judging these individuals, I'd like to see their talents. Seeing as they like to represent themselves as defenders of Irish freedom from English/British rule, have they put the work into becoming great trad musicians? great Irish speakers? great footballers? great hurlers? great poets? - or great in any way that shows dedication to an Irish Ireland? Bobby Sands will always be admirable because he put the work into learning his language, writing about his beliefs with conviction, intelligence, passion and reason. Despite British attempts to dehumanise him, through his commitment to Ireland he made himself into a noble representative of the republican and Irish traditions.

Or do they just sit on their arses and define themselves by what they are against rather than what they are for?

So far, I don't get the impression that these people are thoughtful, politically deep or culturally particularly Irish. What type of Ireland, therefore, do they want?

* Having said that, I've never got the impression than British soldiers serving in Ireland have had any of the above intelligence, depth, cultural sophistication or thoughtfulness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Seanchai wrote: »
    Before judging these individuals, I'd like to see their talents. Seeing as they like to represent themselves as defenders of Irish freedom from English/British rule, have they put the work into becoming great trad musicians? great Irish speakers? great footballers? great hurlers? great poets? - or great in any way that shows dedication to an Irish Ireland?

So if they were to somehow prove themselves dedicated to the mother tongue, master control of a sliothar, familiarise themselves with the works of Ó Cearbhalláin or Paddy Tunney, they may then possess the requisite cultural credentials to blow folks to smithereens?

Yamanoto wrote: »
    So if they were to somehow prove themselves dedicated to the mother tongue, master control of a sliothar, familiarise themselves with the works of Ó Cearbhalláin or Paddy Tunney, they may then possess the requisite cultural credentials to blow folks to smithereens?

Eh, not quite. But good try. If they were to be all of the above, it's highly doubtful that they would be dedicated to "blow[ing] folks to smithereens". They would be able to frame their opposition in a much more positively defined way. For instance, asserting that the Irish people have a moral and political right to resist the British state's occupation in Ireland by force, but they are choosing not to exercise that right at present.

On the other hand, as Franz Fanon noted the colonial state is simply colonial violence institutionalised, an usurpation by the outsider of a monopoly on the legitimate use of violence in the native's country. So I can see why people would see the British state's existence here as a declaration of war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

was really hoping for a poltergeist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Who's leadership are they under? In the article it says they are combined under one leadership?

Maybe I'm a little bit overdramatic, but I wonder is there one person who managed to join them together? If that's true, then that's pretty bad news:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

I wouldn't mess with her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Seanchai wrote: »
    For instance, asserting that the Irish people have a moral and political right to resist the British state's occupation in Ireland by force, but they are choosing not to exercise that right at present.

Instead, the Irish people have chosen to overwhelmingly support the revocation of our territorial claim to Northern Ireland by plebiscite in 1998.

Nineteenth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland referendum:

Yes: 1,442,583 (94.39%) / No: 85,748 (5.61%)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Lets face it they are not doing this for the country. They just enjoy reading about themselves in the paper. I just hope and pray that it doesn't get back to the way it was:(

gaelicred wrote: »
    Lets face it they are not doing this for the country. They just enjoy reading about themselves in the paper. I just hope and pray that it doesn't get back to the way it was:(

I suspect they are still in the dark ages in mentality, thinking they can play soldiers and be the big boys.

In reality, they are a bunch of very fringe out of date lunatics which refuse to see past their own insecurities and out-dated methodology in actual ability to get things done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Talking about these things makes them real. Seriously..............what did everyone think of the new Batman.

cursai wrote: »
    Talking about these things makes them real. Seriously..............what did everyone think of the new Batman.

More realistic than the nut-jobs chances of success!

• Advertisement
Advertisement