Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is all the land surveying for?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

There have been a lot of workers surveying on the roads around Castleknock in the past few days. I have noticed it in Laurel Lodge in particular. Anybody know why they are doing this work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Without being smart maybe you could ask them. I'm curious too, though I've not seen any.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Most likely preparing road works for the Dublin region watermains rehab project, its going on all over the city.

Im not sure which county you fall in but throw an email to Fingal or DCC's Traffic Departments and they should be able to tell you whats going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The Surveying that's happening at the monent is the final sign off of all the up graded junctions, Bus lanes, etc that has been undertaked in the last number of months.

Basically it to ensure that the various jobs have been done to specification, so the final payment to the contarctors can be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    The Surveying that's happening at the monent is the final sign off of all the up graded junctions, Bus lanes, etc that has been undertaked in the last number of months.

Basically it to ensure that the various jobs have been done to specification, so the final payment to the contarctors can be made.
    They could whistle for it, after the boll*x they made of the huntstown way. Traffic lights every few meters, removing a roundabout and the most ridiculous bus lane/road markings around .

Tools, the lot of 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

they made some truely bizarre changes in carpenterstown area. i can only assume thay wanted to get rid of excess budget

• Advertisement
Advertisement