Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell puppies?

• 26-07-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    So to cut a long story short I've ended up with two jack Russell puppies that I need to sell, I've put up a ad on don£deal but no hits yet. I'm just wondering if there's any other websites or methods that I can go about to sell them?! I'm going away on Monday and while I do have someone to look after them I would prefer if I could sell them before this!
    They are very cute and well bred so I'm kind of miffed as to why no one wants them! I know alot more people are going to rescues as I have done myself but surely there's still people out there buying!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Donedeal is well known for puppy farmers so most (sensible) people avoid them. Did you get a contract from the breeder?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

tk123 wrote: »
    Donedeal is well known for puppy farmers so most (sensible) people avoid them. Did you get a contract from the breeder?

Yea I know I tend to avoid it myself but just don't know where else to put them!
    Not meaning to sound dim but what do you mean by contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

pixysarah wrote: »
    Not meaning to sound dim but what do you mean by contract?

A reputable breeder will give you a contract and it usually says they'll take the pups back if needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Did you breed or buy these pups? If you bought them why are you selling them?

Oh no, you see I'm minding my mums dogs as she had to go away urgently with her company and she asked me if I would try and sell the pups while she's gone as she has no idea when she's back. So that's what I'm trying to do! They are not puppy's we bought and now don't want. She has bred jack Russell's for years, there's only two left and I can't manage to shift them but then again I don't have her contacts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Why are you selling them? Give them away to good homes and you'll have people jumping down your throat for them.

When it comes to Jack Russell pups,alot of them can be got for free. They are also a small dog and tend to go quickly from pounds also.

Wanting to get rid of them ASAP might not be the best thing for the pups either. You could try dogs trust. They will find a home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

January wrote: »
    Why are you selling them? Give them away to good homes and you'll have people jumping down your throat for them.

You know I would have agreed before it was explained to me how some people scour ads for "free to good homes" for less than savoury purposes. :(

Thanks for the replies, like whispered said I wouldn't give them away for free as I've heard a few stories aswel, I don't know if it's true or not but wouldn't chance it!!

I'm not in a mad rush to sell them but it would make life alot easier for my friend who is minding them while I'm away as she already has my two to mind!

So just wanted some suggestions of websites or other methods of selling them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note:
    Pixysarah,
    Advertisement of pups for sale is not permitted on this forum. Whilst I realise you're not directly advertising the pups for sale here, looking for ways to sell them here is against the spirit of the forum charter.
    Please have a read of the charter here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056146511

This thread is closed.
    Thanks,
    DBB.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement