Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else's dog do this?!

• 26-07-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

I've managed to get a pic of my dog sitting on his football - after 3 YEARS of never getting my phone out on time! :pac: He's done this from day one - I'd hate the thought of him being in pain back then and we didn't know:(

214768.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭childsplay

Maybe your dog finds the ball softer, warmer and more comfortable than the ground.

Either that or he has piles!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Such a cute pic. Neither of mine do that, but they do have little habits. Maybe he just did it by accident and decided it's more comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

He's done it since he was tiny - and the ball was nearly bigger than him lol!! He runs around with the ball first batting it around then sits on it! He's like a penguin lol! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

tk123 wrote: »
    I've managed to get a pic of my dog sitting on his football - after 3 YEARS of never getting my phone out on time! :pac: He's done this from day one - I'd hate the thought of him being in pain back then and we didn't know:(

Is it only the ball he does this with ? After 3 years, if you have not noticed any other problems, then its just one of those quirky habits dogs pick up. Gorgeous, healthy and happy looking dog by the way. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aww look at Bailey!! So handsome :D

I've never personally had a dog that did anything like this but when I was in work placement there was one dog that came in regularly that would sit in bowls that were around the place (water bowls for the dogs, bowls that were left to feed the clinic cat etc). Without fail she would sit in them every time. Full, empty, plastic, metal, ceramic, didn't matter, she wanted her arse in a bowl :D

• Advertisement

Duiske wrote: »
    Is it only the ball he does this with ? After 3 years, if you have not noticed any other problems, then its just one of those quirky habits dogs pick up. Gorgeous, healthy and happy looking dog by the way. :)

He's actually had his back legs surgically straightened which is why I was wondering if it was to do with his legs or if it was just a (bizarre) habit lol! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Is he neutered? Maybe he misses his balls, or wants an extra one :P

Is he neutered? Maybe he misses his balls, or wants an extra one :P

He did it before and after he was snipped :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Probably hoping it will hatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

He's a perv.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Probably hoping it will hatch.

Yeah his Ikea football looks like a blue Yoshi's egg from him flattening it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

tk123 wrote: »
    Yeah his Ikea football looks like a blue Yoshi's egg from him flattening it!! :D

Sorry I cant help but this is hilarious and I just wanted to say he is a fantastic looking fella!

I am sure its just an odd quirke (sp?) or habit. Sure my dog has loads, as I am sure most do!

Just as an example, every night when we head to bed she grabs my husbands rolled up sock off the floor and hops onto the bed with it. She fights with it for a while and then passes out with it under her chin :D

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

He's a lovely fella, and looks v content in that pic, I'd say it's just a little quirk. We have 3 labs and they're all a bit mad - examples -

Millie - hates anyone seeing her poo, including other dogs. Will wait until she thinks there is no one around to go.

Molly - has developed an enormous fondness for tea and may be addicted at this stage. We can no longer leave cups around! Have found her (27kg dog) standing on the dining room table drinking tea that was left behind by me when I went to the loo on numerous occasions.

Ellie - wakes the whole house up in the middle of the night by making crazy seal noises. When we go out to check on her on the landing she seems to be writhing around on her back in ecstasy. Molly (who sleeps in our room ) will go out to tell her to stfu, chastising her for waking Molly up. Happened again last night actually. A v weird noise to be awoken to!!

I think that all dogs are just a bit mad in their own little ways and yours no different !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Had a Siamese once whose favourite seat was the phone.. used to hope it would ring....

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

yeah my yorkie likes to sit on mats:rolleyes:, rarely sits on the tiles or wooden floor, must be cold for him;)

Advertisement