Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term accommodation

Options
  • 26-07-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I've been searching for short term accommodation in Melbourne (~3 month stay).

Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful. Part of this is due to the fact I am only searching in the 3135 postcode area. This is because I am trying to find somewhere near where a friend of mine lives, who I'm visiting in Oz. Most potential rentals are looking for long term, employed tenants. However, I'm heading over on a holiday visa but have sufficient funds for rental.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I could get some short term rental? My departure date is closing in fast and I still have nothing organised. It will cost me €225 to change the departure date. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Ringwood is a boring outer suburb of Melbourne. Find a place somewhere like Richmond next to the city and just use the train to visit your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Doc wrote: »
    Ringwood is a boring outer suburb of Melbourne. Find a place somewhere like Richmond next to the city and just use the train to visit your friend.

As Doc said. You really do not want to be spending your holiday out there. Somewhere around Richmond, South Yarra, Prahran, Windsor, even St Kilda would be more suited for a long holiday period and much better for short term renatls. What are you looking for? One Bedroom apartment, room in house etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

s.c wrote: »
    As Doc said. You really do not want to be spending your holiday out there. Somewhere around Richmond, South Yarra, Prahran, Windsor, even St Kilda would be more suited for a long holiday period and much better for short term renatls. What are you looking for? One Bedroom apartment, room in house etc.?

I'd prefer a place to myself but it will more than likely be a room in a house to keep costs down. Can you recommend any of those places in particular you mentioned?

I was going to look into possibly attending college in Oz as well. However, looking at the sites for Melbourne University and Swinborne, the college fees for international students are more akin to the fees in the U.S. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

http://www.darlingtowers.com.au/ have several sites around South Yarra and elsewhere, can be very good value for longer term stays, particularly in low season.

Not1night.com.au is also quite good and had lots on offer.

Advertisement