Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from airsoft adverts

Options
  • 26-07-2012 8:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭

ive been banned from the airsoft adverts section because i broke a small rule, which in my opinion is not cool, i advertised my ad on a different site and got banned for one week, bit harsh i may say, ive never been banned or warned before and then something so stupid as this gets me banned for a week, i offered to take down the ads in exchange for my ban being removed, but the reply i got was "no, i cannot do that". i would like if someone could look into this for me, much appreciated, RCDL.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll have a look at this. From what I've seen in connection with the advert you placed on Boards, you also were advertising the same item on Facebook. Is this correct? Were you advertising it anywhere else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Raccoon City Development Labs

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I'll have a look at this. From what I've seen in connection with the advert you placed on Boards, you also were advertising the same item on Facebook. Is this correct? Were you advertising it anywhere else?

yes i was but i did not know i couldn't do that, im only really a noob on this site at the moment, i offered to take it down from the facebook group, but he wouldnt do that, i thought this was a bit harsh especially for a new user, if it was a warning, i would have totally agreed with him but a 1 week ban, its a bit much, dont you think? thanks RCDL

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK - I take it you accept you broke the rules, and the appeal is therefore concerned with the punishment - ie is a 1 week ban appropriate

Did you read the forum rules before posting your ad?

OK - I take it you accept you broke the rules, and the appeal is therefore concerned with the punishment - ie is a 1 week ban appropriate

Did you read the forum rules before posting your ad?

yes i did read the rules, but i didnt think moderators of the adverts section would watch the facebooks groups to see if anyone is posting there, but may i ask, considering its my items im selling, shouldn't i be aloud to post it where i want and shouldnt be obliged to to keep it to one site? RCDL

but may i ask, considering its my items im selling, shouldn't i be aloud to post it where i want and shouldnt be obliged to to keep it to one site?
    Although not part of the dispute as such, I'll try and get this out of the way first.

There is a sticky in the Airsoft Adverts forum where you can ask any questions you have about the rules - when your ban is over you can seek clarification on any aspect of the rules. I can however give you an one reason of why this rule is enforced in the selling forums on Boards. You are required to accept the first offer at asking price, but you cannot do this if you have already sold your item on some other forum. Hence if you receive offers on both sites you will be unable to complete the transaction with both "customers"
    yes i was but i did not know i couldn't do that, im only really a noob on this site at the moment,
    yes i did read the rules, but i didnt think moderators of the adverts section would watch the facebooks groups to see if anyone is posting there,

So in one post you are claiming ignorance of the rule, and in the next you admit you knew it was against the rules. You may be a noob, but you've already started 10 threads in that forum, and should have read and made sure you understood the rules before posting.

Decision
    You have no excuse for either not knowing, or deliberately ignoring the rules. The fact you have changed your position does not help your case and I'm upholding the ban

You now have 2 options - you can ask for an Admin to review this decision, or you can learn from your mistakes, accept the ban, and make sure that when you return from it in a week's time that you take the trouble to both read and understand the forum rules

• Advertisement

Although not part of the dispute as such, I'll try and get this out of the way first.

There is a sticky in the Airsoft Adverts forum where you can ask any questions you have about the rules - when your ban is over you can seek clarification on any aspect of the rules. I can however give you an one reason of why this rule is enforced in the selling forums on Boards. You are required to accept the first offer at asking price, but you cannot do this if you have already sold your item on some other forum. Hence if you receive offers on both sites you will be unable to complete the transaction with both "customers"

So in one post you are claiming ignorance of the rule, and in the next you admit you knew it was against the rules. You may be a noob, but you've already started 10 threads in that forum, and should have read and made sure you understood the rules before posting.

Decision
    You have no excuse for either not knowing, or deliberately ignoring the rules. The fact you have changed your position does not help your case and I'm upholding the ban

You now have 2 options - you can ask for an Admin to review this decision, or you can learn from your mistakes, accept the ban, and make sure that when you return from it in a week's time that you take the trouble to both read and understand the forum rules

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Turns out this was a duplicate account. Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement