Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning a book into a movie?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9 aoifesheri

I have to say I always see such flaws in these and cringe when they get it so wrong. Like Twilight Love the books can't stand the films, they drive me crazy.the hunger games once again they got it so wrong. I could go on. Does anyone want to compare films to books that they saw and why?:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In terms of Twilight, you can't polish a turd... ;)

The first two films of the Godfather series, on the other hand, improved on the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aoifesheri

yeah I suppose you are right about twilight lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

The Princess Bride is very good as both a book and a film (each has points that are better than the other).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Lilly Drab Sack

films are to short they will never be able to improve on books unless its a poor book or you have 2-3 films per book

a tv show on the other hand works quite well game of thrones being the perfect example at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aoifesheri

I have to agree with Lilly Drab Sack some books that are turned into tv show are the best as they always included a lot of the book example one of my favourite true blood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What about the Sword of Truth tv series?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Fight Club and Blade Runner are both superior to the novels they were based on I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I always think comparing the book to the movie is a mistake. They are completely different mediums, and what works in one may not work in another.

A movie based on a book that takes liberties and changes things can still be a good movie - even if parts that people loved in the book are missing.

What's inexcusable is making a bad movie based on a great book, i.e. a movie that's bad to a viewer who's never even read the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭PADRAGON

The running man,great book dreadful film
    Having seen that cack no one would consider reading the book

Advertisement