Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adopt a sheep

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sam Kade wrote: »
    http://www.adopt-a-sheep.ie/

Since when are sheep a dying breed in Kerry?

They've probably all emigrated to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I suggested this to people last-year and they went and done it! This year they returned to my place of work all delighted they would be back visiting the farm of their adopted sheep again!

Not entirely sure why, but I actually felt guilty like I was after doing something wrong :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

So the farmer gets paid to keep his sheep in return to allow the person adopting the sheep to come onto his farm free to cuddle the said sheep and be able walk up the mountain. What happens when he culls or slaughters the sheep? Does the adoption money stop coming or does he pick out another sheep to make the adopter believe it is the same sheep as they all lookalike?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

tedstee004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

So the farmer gets paid to keep his sheep in return to allow the person adopting the sheep to come onto his farm free to cuddle the said sheep and be able walk up the mountain. What happens when he culls or slaughters the sheep? Does the adoption money stop coming or does he pick out another sheep to make the adopter believe it is the same sheep as they all lookalike?

You get a free sheepskin jacket and the option of signing a new contract.

• Advertisement

Nonsense to separate American toursists from their money. Good luck to them. It is well located just a few miles from a "Leprecahun Crossing".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

He would want to be keeping an eye on the Yanks while they are with his sheep as they might get too fond of them and take liberties :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Nonsense to separate American toursists from their money. Good luck to them. It is well located just a few miles from a "Leprecahun Crossing".

You may sneer but that sign always has me slamming on the brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

missjm wrote: »
    You may sneer but that sign always has me slamming on the brakes.

Manys a fun time has been had at & near that 'Leprechaun Crossing' :)

Imagination & Creativity are Fantastic on road-trips!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

As we sometimes have visitors from the US I tend to investigate locval attractions and when last passing the Adopt a sheep place, drove in.... and straight out again when I saw they wanted E7 just to go in...

Ah, was that what that bump in the road was as I neared the Ladies View' poor leprechaun, squashed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

At least the adopt a donkey at the wonderful donkey sanctuary goes to a charity, not a farmer's pocket. http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.ie/

A fool and his money are easily parted.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Sheep not so much. Sheep farmers on the other hand... are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

whats it cost for a sheep?and will I get to keep it when it's butchered?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sheep not so much. Sheep farmers on the other hand... are ;)
    It should be adopt a sheep farmer then
    kneemos wrote: »
    whats it cost for a sheep?and will I get to keep it when it's butchered?

50e a year you only get to see the sheep for that for 65 you get more privileges check the website and see.

What kind of privileges?

What kind of privileges?

go with John into the hills and experience the real work of a mountain sheep farmer

go with John into the hills and experience the real work of a mountain sheep farmer

Go with John into the hills with sheep?

Go with John into the hills with sheep?

Assuming they would require sheep in order to experience the real work of a mountain sheep farmer - then yes!

Assuming they would require sheep in order to experience the real work of a mountain sheep farmer - then yes!

Can I lend a hand or does John do all the work?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Drove past in the heavy rain last week and a coach there and about 20 umbrellas..

Multiply that by E7 and not bad for half an hour's work.... The toilets look... interesting too. Very rustic.

• Advertisement

Your laughing your heads off are'nt you missjm,go on you never thought anyone would fall for adopting a sheep.

Your laughing your heads off are'nt you missjm,go on you never thought anyone would fall for adopting a sheep.

I'm mildly bemused.

Advertisement