Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Branch Closures

Options
  • 26-07-2012 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Saw this on the Echo tonight. http://www.eveningecho.ie/2012/07/26/cork-loses-four-permanent-tsb-branches/

I see from this the Mayfield branch is due to close! :eek: Bad enough they closed my branch at Cathedral Rd, but now Mayfield is to close, I have no alternative but to do my banking in town!

Wonder if they're going to keep the self-bank machines open? Would be good if they were, but don't hold out much hope...

And before anyone says 'bank online', yes most of it is. But I have to go to the bank weekly to sort out some business. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Saw this on the Echo tonight. http://www.eveningecho.ie/2012/07/26/cork-loses-four-permanent-tsb-branches/

I see from this the Mayfield branch is due to close! :eek: Bad enough they closed my branch at Cathedral Rd, but now Mayfield is to close, I have no alternative but to do my banking in town!

Wonder if they're going to keep the self-bank machines open? Would be good if they were, but don't hold out much hope...

And before anyone says 'bank online', yes most of it is. But I have to go to the bank weekly to sort out some business. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!

I know same here - Mayfield is my branch! And eh Lapps Quay is closed too so where else are we meant to go?! Actually can't believe that it's closing as it is a very busy branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I would have thought that Mayfield was one of the busier branches in Cork?

There are 2 in town right? Pana and North Main St? I actually have to arrange a meeting as we are moving our joint ac from AIB to TSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yeah, Patrick St and North Main St are the branches within striking distance.

Our accounts moved from Cathedral Rd to North Main St. I find it easier to bank at Mayfield as it saves driving into town (and parking!). It's a real pain in the 'arris TBH. Think I might write to TSB and find out the story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thanks for your enquiry.................cost cutting..................... identifying most convenient places for our valued correspondence..................... any further queries do not hesitate ..........................

There is your reply.

Probably....

• Advertisement

I'd say Mayfield branch customers won't be too happy - I'm not and I don't even go into the bank that often, just use the ATM most of the time. But it's gonna be really awkard in the near future cos I am currently house hunting so will have to move funds between accounts etc eventually so will have to go to bloody town to do it!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

leahyl wrote: »
    I'd say Mayfield branch customers won't be too happy

I'd say the people of Mayfield won't be happy - AIB closing their branch there too.

evilivor wrote: »
    I'd say the people of Mayfield won't be happy - AIB closing their branch there too.

:eek::mad:

There'll be riots in the streets:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i just don't get it! :confused:

is there any bank left up there with Ptsb and AIB gone?

take Douglas as an example, that PTSB flooded, and its staying open, like wise we have two AIB branches and yet both stay open??? and im not sure if PTSB still own their old building in douglas (the one BOI was in when the center was being renovated)

there is also a boi and a ulster bank (and the post office has AIB facilities) but whos counting? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i just don't get it! :confused:

is there any bank left up there with Ptsb and AIB gone?

take Douglas as an example, that PTSB flooded, and its staying open, like wise we have two AIB branches and yet both stay open??? and im not sure if PTSB still own their old building in douglas (the one BOI was in when the center was being renovated)

there is also a boi and a ulster bank (and the post office has AIB facilities) but whos counting? :p

Well Douglas AIB is going to be busy as they are closing the Innishannon and Passage West branches and both transfer to Douglas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Well Douglas AIB is going to be busy as they are closing the Innishannon and Passage West branches and both transfer to Douglas.

but if it were you, would you not close 1 douglas branch. (plus theyd make more money selling off the douglas land rather than the passage land id imagine or save money not paying the lease for the centre branch,

and keep passage open?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

Mayfield PTSB always looked busy judging by the car park, the ATM is dead handy

I could kind of understand the AIB being closed down, the staff seemed to be 50+ and maybe on their way to retirement
    I don't think they even have an ATM in that branch either

Both buildings will probably lay derelict with a chain across the entrance for the next 10yrs

I'm with BOI so I think I'm safe enough with the Blackpool branch for the time being

Read in the Echo that Dara's at last beginning to earn his corn.

Apparently, he's written to the banks asking that at least the TSB remains open.

We'll see...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Dara who?

Dara Murphy (FG). One of the esteemed TD's for Cork North Central in whose constituency the Mayfield bank branches lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Im in the Mayfield ptsb. Tbh I hate going in there as I find the staff awfully rude and even if there are huge queues they still won't open another cashier. Customer service is seriously lacking. However I really don't want to have to go to town if I need to do banking. They are moving all the Mayfield customers to North main st.and as Mayfield is always busy imagine what it will be like in north main st when they close.

The North Main St branch will be even more packed than is is already!! They've already moved all the Cathedral Rd branch customers and staff there...

I find Mayfield very handy as it saves me a trip to town. Especially with the road closures and the Brian Boru bridge being closed, it's been a lifesaver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,280 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

hoodwinked wrote: »
    but if it were you, would you not close 1 douglas branch. (plus theyd make more money selling off the douglas land rather than the passage land id imagine or save money not paying the lease for the centre branch,

and keep passage open?

Douglas Court, Passage and Innishannon are all sub-offices of Douglas branch - they are not branches in their own right. Dougas Ct is quite busy whereas Innishannon and Passage are much quieter relatively speaking and with 2,500 people getting let go it makes sense to close the less busy offices.

Advertisement