Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ladies want to join an exercise group in Cork City??

Options
  • 26-07-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all:D

Trying to get fit/lose weight!!! Ongoing battle, but must get more exercise. Find it very hard to motivate myself so....
    was thinking of setting up something like an informal group - for getting some exercise in. i.e. different walking routes around cork/cycling/sports team?? etc. No real definite plans yet, just at the brainstorming stage really!:D Also would be a great way of meeting people and maybe having a bit of craic! If there are anybody that is interested, or have any suggestions etc please pm me! Thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I hear you, Im the same I get out there eventually but I really need to shed a few pounds before me arse takes over.

My biggest problem me thinks is that I always think people would be judging lets say if I want for a run during the day people would be like mmm you need to be doing more running or something, stupid I know as you see lots of people jogging and that but tis just a thing... I am grand with going for long walks n such and have started going out for a jog at night now instead just a small one but tis a start.

Where are you based City wise? I do not know any groups myself but there are a few things like maybe tag rugby if you were interested going on in the park on Monahan road. You could try that or well it all depends what kind of excercise are you into?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

the tag rubgy is coming to an end unless you join up for the winter league on astro. its a pitty they dont run a female winter league coz i know of a good few who gave up coz they found it a bit rough (smaller pitches than summer)

I am away for the next few weeks but can put me down for it. even if its a few of us doing a class together, i find its a lot easier to get motivated when you have someone to go

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Corkgirl1234

I would be interested in a jogging/walking /running group.im trying to loose some weight too so would be good motivation

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

I would be interested in going too- can I bring my dog? I do shift work and dont walk them often- my partner usually does- between the weight and exhaustion I dont motivate myself as much as I should...
    I met up with one girl a few years ago thru gumtree and she was not very friendly, I would be chatty but prefer meeting like minded individuals.... I am in northside so lee fields, fitzgeralds park is good for me mostly! pm if u want!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 1brokegirl

Check your pm if you posted here or pm'ed me! LETS GET FIT :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

oooh just saw this on whazon!

http://www.corksports.ie/index.cfm/page/walk1

something to work towards?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Here Comes The Sun

Hi, I would be interested in joining this. I would love to get fit but am lacking in motivation and willpower.
    Hopefully, it will be easier with some company!

all_smilz this sounds great!

all smilz that 1st of sept sounds good id be around that weekend. best of luck with the first night and see ye soon

Hi all, yup we have a gang together. all should have recieved pms by now. First night exercising is next Tuesday 7th. Please pm for location and time:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 I_love_pizza

Hi girls! Am I still on time to join you? :)

I'm interested as well in getting fit. And as you I'am lacking in motivation and willpower. So a good company would make it easier!

BTW, I live close to the bus station. Too far from where you live?

Let me know

no your not too late at all you can pm me or 1brokegirl there if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Hi guys are you still doing this? have put on some weight after getting married in march and i'd love to lose a stone by xmas. I'd appreciate if someone got back to me x

Advertisement