Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you ready for October 24th, 2012?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Cricket id rather watch paint dry Tbh

Well whatever a fellow wants.......matt or emulsion?.....would you like sandwiches to accompany your watching of the paint drying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭thomasj

Dont be cought out! Listen to uncle george!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Pottler wrote: »
    Yes we have. It's the deadline for my little fecker to have it away on his toes with the neighbours new box.

This must be a euphemism? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Biggins wrote: »
    Maybe the world is going to end - AGAIN!

Its going to be repeated for those that missed it the first time. :cool:

I'd take it, would relieve me of a lot of responsibility for a start, then there's the fact that all the disappointments wouldn't be that disappointing as the world was going to end quite quickly anyway and there's the added double bonus of it not mattering that I achieved very little in relative terms and I would leave a nice corpse before the blinding fire consumed all.

Better than a mundane, humdrum do you have a saorview set top box for the digital switchover, no programming will be broadcast in analogue etc

Sometimes the soul yearns for a good old end to the world as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Is that the day my tv from 1991 finally becomes obsolete and I have buy to modern digital one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

kfallon wrote: »
    This must be a euphemism? :confused:
    More of a "Youth mission" really. Don't tell me you never got your kids to burgularise the neighbours? What do you do for money? joking btw.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Is that the day my tv from 1991 finally becomes obsolete and I have buy to modern digital one?
    Of course not

if you buy a set top box with an RF output you can use any 625 line TV from about 1963 onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Pottler wrote: »
    What concerns do you have yourself Starbelgrade?

I have an old TV in my studio at home. It's a little portable that I've had for around 18 years. The picture is still perfect on it.

It's been my little friend for a long, long time. We've enjoyed nearly every Champions League match on it for over a decade & several World Cups.

During the 2006 World Cup I took a few weeks holidays to renovate the house & garden. It followed me from room to room as I painted. It even sat on a stool out the back so I could dig the garden & not miss the football.

It's been my loyalist friend for nearly two decades. We've had highs & we've had lows, but the most important thing of all is that we've shared them together.

So what are my concerns?

Well, my concern is that come October 24th, the longest relationship I've had in my adult life will be ended, taken from me & dashed to the ground, all because some wanker decided that digital was the way forward.

The unmerciful cuntbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I have an old TV in my studio at home. It's a little portable that I've had for around 18 years. The picture is still perfect on it.

It's been my little friend for a long, long time. We've enjoyed nearly every Champions League match on it for over a decade & several World Cups.

During the 2006 World Cup I took a few weeks holidays to renovate the house & garden. It followed me from room to room as I painted. It even sat on a stool out the back so I could dig the garden & not miss the football.

It's been my loyalist friend for nearly two decades. We've had highs & we've had lows, but the most important thing of all is that we've shared them together.

So what are my concerns?

Well, my concern is that come October 24th, the longest relationship I've had in my adult life will be ended, taken from me & dashed to the ground, all because some wanker decided that digital was the way forward.

The unmerciful cuntbag.

I too have a very old telly. It's black n white, bought by my father in Germany before I was born, it's over 40 years old and still works. You have to twiddle a knob on the front to change the channel. I love it to bits and cannot bear to part with it but it's practically useless after 24th. Won't bin it though it's bordering on being an antique.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's been my loyalist friend for nearly two decades.
    Colour TV ?
    I'll bet it's orange :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

There is usually a new version of Ubuntu out around that time of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I don't normally start getting my Halloween costume ready until the Friday before Halloween, so I should be ok

Set top box on standby! Check! ;)

Advertisement