Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massive hives

• 26-07-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Anyone else getting strange bites? I'm getting loads of them..well 9 at the last count but I'd only one the day before yesterday. Big, firm red ones..itchy and hurt a little when pressed. No one else in my house has them. I'm peed off, my arm's in a sling and I can't reach half of the bstards:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You have crabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Yep, I have just been googling them for clues as to where they came from for the last half hour or so. Destroyed with them, don't think they're bites though as there's too many :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Definitely leprosy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

You have crabs.

:D....so far they're only on the upper half of my bod on the hairless parts:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Probably Mosquito bites.
    Get a good anti-histamine tablet and cream and they'll be eased in no time at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Damn horse flies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm no doctor OP.......but I'd say it's AIDS.

Definitely AIDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I laughed OP!

Tell us it's a solid cast:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Oh no..my reply appeared under the crabs comment. I meant I'm destroyed ith hives. Not crabs. Or otherwise it's over to PI :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Ann22 wrote: »
    :D....so far they're only on the upper half of my bod on the hairless parts:).

That's 'cause the bottom half of your body is now 'crab'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i got a bite on my arm about 4 weeks ago on the table track in wicklow. since then there is a red mark on my arm and its tearing itchy.
    the yoke that bit me was so big i could swear i saw 2 rolls royce engines on its wings:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Its possibly an allergic reaction to either something you ate or came into contact with. It could also be a reaction to the heat, I get them a lot when its very warm

i got a bite on my arm about 4 weeks ago on the table track in wicklow. since then there is a red mark on my arm and its tearing itchy.
    the yoke that bit me was so big i could swear i saw 2 rolls royce engines on its wings:confused:

It's possible you could be Spiderman.

staker wrote: »
    I laughed OP!

Tell us it's a solid cast:pac:

Nah...it's just a dressing and a sling. The bone in the end of my elbow is cracked...they said a cast wouldn't help. Unfortunately my movement is limited.. and I'm usually so flexible I can give every inch of my back a great scratch without asking for help from bystanders:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Wtf is a table track?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes. I have loads of red lumps from bites at the moment. A mate of mine is the same too. I normally these lumps from the mozzies.

WumBuster wrote: »
    Its possibly an allergic reaction to either something you ate or came into contact with. It could also be a reaction to the heat, I get them a lot when its very warm

Or she could be turning into a zombie wearing a sling.

Yes. I have loads of red lumps from bites at the moment. A mate of mine is the same too. I normally these lumps from the mozzies.

Did your mate and you get bitten at the same time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

mattjack wrote: »
    Did your mate and you get bitten at the same time ?

They obviously bit each other....obviously

Chucken wrote: »
    They obviously bit each other....obviously

I didn't want to post that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

It's the Missouri tick. Always bites gob^^^^^s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

PM me all your symptoms and a detailed account of your medical history and I'll tell you what's wrong with you.

100% guaranteed

I just need
    Your symptoms
    Your name and address
    Your Bank Account No and Sort Code

Try my 100% guaranteed method for 100% accuracy and success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Dean09 wrote: »
    I'm no doctor OP.......but I'd say it's AIDS.

Definitely AIDS.
    Are you positive? Sorry, I know, I know, but still...

It used always be TB I thought. :confused:

OP...its TB, sorry.

I've had mosquito bites before, I don't think they were as big as these things. I also think these things aren't just as itchy but are sorer, like huge pimples would feel. My son and hubbie haven't any at all:confused:. My other son's away, he won't recognise me when he gets home... at this rate I'll end up looking like Robert the Bruce's father in Braveheart by Saturday:(

Wtf is a table track?

its the name of a walk in wicklow. do you know wicklow? its in ireland

boo3000 wrote: »
    PM me all your symptoms and a detailed account of your medical history and I'll tell you what's wrong with you.

100% guaranteed

I just need
    Your symptoms
    Your name and address
    Your Bank Account No and Sort Code

Try my 100% guaranteed method for 100% accuracy and success.

Haha..you sound like the pain in the a*se who's been pestering me every day over the phone except it's to diagnose my 'computer problems':rolleyes: I've gotten to the stage where I roar down the phone at them to feck away off...and they still keep ringing me back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Anyone else getting strange bites? I'm getting loads of them..well 9 at the last count but I'd only one the day before yesterday. Big, firm red ones..itchy and hurt a little when pressed. No one else in my house has them. I'm peed off, my arm's in a sling and I can't reach half of the bstards:(
    Could be bed-bugs.

I've had mosquito bites before, I don't think they were as big as these things. I also think these things aren't just as itchy but are sorer, like huge pimples would feel. My son and hubbie haven't any at all:confused:. My other son's away, he won't recognise me when he gets home... at this rate I'll end up looking like Robert the Bruce's father in Braveheart by Saturday:(

Irish mosquitos bite differently to holiday mosquitos you see.

Yep...TB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Chicken pox!

kerash wrote: »
    Chicken pox!

Chucken pox :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

Haha..you sound like the pain in the a*se who's been pestering me every day over the phone except it's to diagnose my 'computer problems':rolleyes: I've gotten to the stage where I roar down the phone at them to feck away off...and they still keep ringing me back.

That's no problem Ann.

100% guaranteed I can fix it for you so you won't be bothered with unwanted calls.

100% I can assure you, you will not be worried with these calls.

I just need.

Your name and address.
    Telephone No.
    Bank Details and Sort Code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Could be the heat.

One of my more vivid memories of my childhood is breaking out in hives all over my body due to the heat. I had to lay in bed naked under a really light sheet and just stay there. It was horrible. :(

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Could be bed-bugs.

Is that likely???:eek: We help out in an dog rescue centre...maybe we've carried little visitors home. I've a mattress protector on my bed so when I change the sheets surely little creepy things couldn't be hiding in it:confused:. My oh doesn't have any but he, like I said, may not taste as nice as me:). I have two dogs who defo haven't fleas but I cuddle them the whole time, maybe they have something else I can't detect in their fur.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Could be the heat.

One of my more vivid memories of my childhood is breaking out in hives all over my body due to the heat. I had to lay in bed naked under a really light sheet and just stay there. It was horrible. :(

I can never take any of your posts seriously because of your avatar! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Mosquitos? In Ireland? news to me. You mean midgets?

my mother in law breaks out in hives if she eats eggs that arent free range. thats why i buy tesco value when im making her an omlette:)

Is that likely???:eek: We help out in an dog rescue centre...maybe we've carried little visitors home. I've a mattress protector on my bed so when I change the sheets surely little creepy things couldn't be hiding in it:confused:. My oh doesn't have any but he, like I said, may not taste as nice as me:). I have two dogs who defo haven't fleas but I cuddle them the whole time, maybe they have something else I can't detect in their fur.

Cute little fellas: http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/images/bedbugmp.jpg

Anyway, serious reply now. Make a paste with bread soda and water and dab it on the hives. What ever they are from, that will help ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

boo3000 wrote: »
    That's no problem Ann.

100% guaranteed I can fix it for you so you won't be bothered with unwanted calls.

100% I can assure you, you will not be worried with these calls.

I just need.

Your name and address.
    Telephone No.
    Bank Details and Sort Code
    I've PMed my bank details to you, you sound like a genuine and trustworthy person. I have also PM'd you Diego Maradonnas and Omars Comings, you can clean out my accounts on the one condition that you first ar5e-fuck theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Unlike fleas, bed-bugs don't discriminate on host. They can be hard to spot though, especially as they usually only feed at night. Fully grown adults look a little like an apple-pip.

Also they don't live on their host, animal or human. Usually under the seams of mattresses or in cracks in wood, walls or furniture.

• Advertisement

its the name of a walk in wicklow. do you know wicklow? its in ireland

Ah yeah Wicklow. Wicklow, Co. Cork :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Massive hives = huge fuckin bees? :eek:

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Unlike fleas, bed-bugs don't discriminate on host.

Does that mean fleas pick and choose who they feed off and bed bugs eat whoever happens to be in the bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

......."Big firm red ones".....
    what is a girl to do.....

and I am not "getting my coat" cos I is damn comfy here drinkin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Sounds like a shark bite to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

bbam wrote: »
    Probably Mosquito bites.
    Get a good anti-histamine tablet and cream and they'll be eased in no time at all.

Excuse my ignorance but...do we have mosquitos in Ireland? :eek:

At night I hear some unusual high pitched sounds coming from outside and I don't know if it's rats :eek: or some form of bug.
    It doesn't last very long but it's quite sinister.

I would go down there with a torch but the neighbours would think I'm perving in their windows (apartments).

Also I have tiny 'carpet' moths, bástards are everywhere, flying at me and all.
    It's the fúking weather cos I'm a spotless clean freak.
    A full can of air freshner I've gone through this last fortnight, blasting the cúnts out of it and still they come.
    They don't even like light - they won't go near the lamps so they're hard to spot...until they're right up against your face bzzz :mad:

I'm itchy all over after reading ^^^ that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Could it be that you've been eating a lot of chips with vinegar? Happens me about twice a year, I break out when I drown the chips, but it must be done, no other way to eat them.

Orange juice etc too - anything acidic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Am I the only person that expected this to be something about Joanna Lumley's and Amy Winehouses:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

kerash wrote: »
    Chicken pox!

Or maybe, just the pox:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement