Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing my girlfriend to my two friends, no idea what to do

Options
  • 26-07-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping to introduce my gf to two friends of mine on Saturday, and honestly I have no idea what to do.

I think just meeting up over coffee/a pint could be a bit awkward as it's just relying on conversation between people who don't really know each other.

So I'm hoping to do an activity, which would be like a hidden distraction, that we could all do, and then talking would be a bit easier over a coffee/pint after:)

I was hoping to do a one day cooking course. but I can't find any and I want to do this on Sat so it's kinda short notice.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!:)

Thank you!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

You could go to Eddie Rockets after whatever activity you choose. Nice and relaxed atmosphere and the food will fill any awkward silences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I feel like you are forcing it too much. It will be stressful for you. You are going to have to be the person to fill in the gaps as you are the person that knows the three parties. But you will get through it and I would say to go to a bar with quiet enough music, but it has to have background noise of some sort.

That way if it goes well you can all continue for the day/night and if someone has had enough/tired/whatever then it is easy enough for them to make their escape. Maybe Hogans http://www.yelp.ie/biz/hogans-dublin-2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Adults are quite capable of filling a couple of hours talking about nothing much with strangers.
    Don't worry so much.

http://www.flavourofitaly.net/SchoolOfCookingCourse.aspx?type=1
    That's a short cookery course on tomorrow.
    I've done it myself and it's quite good fun. Only thing is, it's not in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Ah just go and have a pint, there is no need to make such a big deal out of it. I would be horrified if a boyfriend of mine thought I was too boring to keep a conversation going without doing a one day cookery course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Go on the absolute lash, the lot of ye. They'll be getting on great once the oul tongues are a bit looser. And if not, at least ye'll be on the lash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I know Dublin/Ireland gets a bad name for all social events revolving around alcohol but I'd recommend alcohol. It eases the tension of meeting new people/not knowing what to say etc. Even just 1 or 2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Viking Splash tour?! I've heard from 3 different people that its great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Tapas-instantly sociable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Buy some tapas and take them on the Viking Splash Tour.

Advertisement