Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things to do in the city for free with the kids?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

My lil nieces are coming to galway for "their holidays".. trying to think of a few nice things to do.. so far I've come up with going to the playground in newcase, feed the swans at the claddagh... I can't think of anything else. Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Go for a walk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There is a thread a few pages back asking the same question. On phone so can't search it for you but you should be able to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Older thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

There are lots of playgrounds in Galway but the one in Douiska (spelling?) is exceptional. Also, if the weather is reasonable and the tide isn't in, Silverstrand is a wonderland for kids. Kids love collecting shells etc. Also, Barna Woods is awesome even if you are a townie like me...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I don't know how old they are or if they're around August 7th but you can catch a contempo concert.

Date: 7 August 2012 Time: 13:00 Location: Town Hall Theatre, Galway

Details:
    Hear the Galway Ensemble in Residence, ConTempo Quartet perform one of their favourite string quartets - Haydn's Emperor Quartet Early arrival advised. Free Admission.

Plenty of Parents bring their kids, it's usually about 45 mins long.

On a lighter note, there's the Galway city Museum, not only is it free but they have a Free concert this weekend...

Saturday 4 th August, 3pm
    Musical Performance: More Songs of Love, Passion, Heartache & Joy
    Celebrated singer, songwriter and music historian, John Faulkner, returns to the Galway City for another of his popular ‘songs and their stories’ sessions. This performance examines the themes of love, passion, heartache and joy.
    All Ages. No Booking Required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

if they are old enough and can swim, bring them to the diving boards in blackrock. hours of endless fun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Start fights in Eyre Square

Advertisement