Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could Dublin ever host the Olympics?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah we'd could do a great opening ceremony

with riverdance and the Artane boys band - Thunderbirds are go !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Fuck off with your Artane Boys Band.....its Westlife or no one at all.
    Who the fuck are Artane Boys Band anyway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Plus get the Billie Barry kids in and your laughing plenty of entertainment , all we need now is place to host the event how about the phoenix park ??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Come on now, we all know that Jedward would be the centrepiece of any Irish opening ceremony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Come on now, we all know that Jedward would be the centrepiece of any Irish opening ceremony.

Ah get out of that it has to be bono and one of his epic rants about poverty in africa . It will show the rest of the world we really care but when the reality is we can't afford to help them out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We host Olimpdicks
    That's it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mattjack wrote: »
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

:eek:

Easy... I jest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

mattjack wrote: »
    Fuck off with your Artane Boys Band.....its Westlife or no one at all.

They are a boy band who play at GAA matches in Croke Park, and they dress in Thunderbird-esque style uniforms.

http://sharetv.org/images/thunderbirds_uk-show.jpg

http://www.pyke-eye.com/a/unif/artane-boys-band.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mravaya

WumBuster wrote: »
    Just wondering. Could you ever see this happening?Or is Ireland too much of a small player politically for this ever to be realistic? I mean it is a large, modern, metropolitan city and as the Irish are famous for their warm hospitality. I think it would be deadly and the craic would be mighty.

You barsteward, ya just made me choke on mi cup of tea and ruined mi keyboard after reading yr post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

mravaya wrote: »
    You barsteward, ya just made me choke on mi cup of tea and ruined mi keyboard after reading yr post

So you suffocated and lost your laptop? Bad day, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

They could likely invent a new sport for it, catch the scumbag who stole your bag(s).

Also, we could kill two birds with one stone, have the shooting competition down on the boardwalk on the Liffey, competitors should get bonus points if they cripple targets before finishing them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

To do my part in this bid, I put forward my house to host the ladies beach volleyball. Especially Brazil v Sweden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

"got any chaaaiiinnge bud?" event would surely stir a few heads over at the olympic council office

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr-McBain

Well first things first you'd need to tackle the skanger/skobie problem. I'd suggest having a free concert in Tallaght with Swedish House Mafia, Aslan and a Bob Marley tribute band. Offer free Dutch Gold and "yokes" to all attendees. Then when everything is "Bleedin Deadly" we napalm the sh*t out of the venue. Even is this doesn't get us the Olympics it's still a step in the right direction.

Advertisement