Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Universities (internationally)

Options
  • 26-07-2012 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong place or whatever but i was just wondering does anyone know how easy it is to transfer universities? say i accept my place in law and business in UCD and then decide that after a year i hate it, am i able to transfer to another university in (ie) england? what is required if i would like to do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Do you mean if you hate UCD or the subject? In the case of the latter and you were starting a new subject you'd likely have to start from scratch. Changing University would probably depend on the place you wanted to apply to but they may offer exemptions for modules you have completed, but with Law its hard to say as the practices vary so much country to country. I'd suggest that you go to some other uni's website and see if they mention or have a section for international transfers.

Hopefully someone else here can answer you better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

thanks but yea i meant the actual university

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If you're studying law then it could be difficult to switch to a university outside of Ireland without having to start from scrath, or at very least lose credits on much of your completed modules not counting.

In terms of changing universities, it's done every now and then and isn't majorly difficult, but you may be limited to where you can get in as a transfer student.

Advertisement