Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO- changed mind :(

• 26-07-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

The CAO is now long closed, but I've decided that I'd be happier with my second choice instead of my first... any way of changing it at this stage or asking for my second choice when the courses come out? My second choice has lower points than the first... I'm really worried.... :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Another person had a thread about this with pretty exceptional circumstances, and CAO still refused. If someone lost their place to you and found out what happened CAO would be liable, so sadly I don't think you can change it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Only way I could see it happening is if you don't get enough points for your first choice, but enough for the second... Otherwise no other way. /:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I think you'll just have to hope that points for your first choice shoot up and go down for your second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Can you not just decline your first offer if you get it, and then wait for the next one if you have the points? Or is that not how it goes? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Lucario wrote: »
    Can you not just decline your first offer if you get it, and then wait for the next one if you have the points? Or is that not how it goes? :pac:
    Nope, you can't go down your list, just up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

If you get your first offer(lv8), then all your other courses are eliminated from your CAO(Lv8) and you either must accept it, accept an offer of lv7/6 if received one, defer, or reapply next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Is it in the same college? If so, they might be able to figure something out within the first few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

ChemHickey wrote: »
    If you get your first offer(lv8), then all your other courses are eliminated from your CAO(Lv8) and you either must accept it, accept an offer of lv7/6 if received one, defer, or reapply next year.

Really? :O Wow, I really should have read more into this actual CAO craic :pac: I thought they'd let you decline and see if you got your second offer, and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Really? :O Wow, I really should have read more into this actual CAO craic :pac: I thought they'd let you decline and see if you got your second offer, and so on.

That's the reason why they emphasize that you put your CAO in order of preference instead of order of highest points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 maggiie

no its not the same college, one is arts with creative writing in nui galway and the other is arts in ucc.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement