Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB arundel sq to close

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

Another nail in the coffin for Waterford with AIB & PTSB closing branches, Our city is now little more than a small town. Large amounts of older ladies using their free travel going to Marks and Spencer in cork and Dublin, younger people going to kilkenny, There are very little shops to entice shoppers to spend in Waterford, you will go around the shops in half an hour. Don't think "wintervale" will bring in shoppers at Christmas, this seems to involve Christmas markets and Christmas images projected onto Christ church. This sounds lovely but not enough to get shoppers to part with their hard earned cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Another nail in the coffin for Waterford with AIB & PTSB closing branches, Our city is now little more than a small town. Large amounts of older ladies using their free travel going to Marks and Spencer in cork and Dublin, younger people going to kilkenny, There are very little shops to entice shoppers to spend in Waterford, you will go around the shops in half an hour. Don't think "wintervale" will bring in shoppers at Christmas, this seems to involve Christmas markets and Christmas images projected onto Christ church. This sounds lovely but not enough to get shoppers to part with their hard earned cash.

The only thing that will get people into shops is good quality merchandise at reasonable prices. No amount of messing about will change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

PTSB left their ATM machine in operation at their Red Square branch for a few years after it closed. Does anyone know if they're hanging onto the building for administrative back-office work because I know there were a few floors of offices that had nothing to do with the public-facing side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

AdMMM wrote: »
    PTSB left their ATM machine in operation at their Red Square branch for a few years after it closed. Does anyone know if they're hanging onto the building for administrative back-office work because I know there were a few floors of offices that had nothing to do with the public-facing side of things?

I'd guess they either own this building outright or are renting it. If they are renting then maybe the lease is expiring soon, or the rent is substantially higher than in the Hyper market. If they own it then maybe they think they could get a decent price for it were it to be sold. That's probably the rational behind closing this branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

AdMMM wrote: »

Moved, that TSB became the Arundel Square TSB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Got a letter today telling me they are moving my account out to the Ardkeen branch from November and I dont have to do anything.I will still be getting the excellent service I have always got:p.
    They are merging the Arundel PTSB branch with Ardkeen;) apparently.Seeing that I am a loyal and long standing customer, for the inconvenience and grief, they are giving me compensation of 20k, nice.

Yeah right, if I should be so lucky:(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I knew Ardkeen was safe - made sense to keep one on the east flank with 10,000 people on its doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

How big is the PTSB up at the hyper? I get the feeling its going to packed every time I go to it now. Not that I ever will seeing as its too far out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

How big is the PTSB up at the hyper? I get the feeling its going to packed every time I go to it now.

its terrible queued for 1 hour there before

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

cocoshovel wrote: »
    How big is the PTSB up at the hyper? I get the feeling its going to packed every time I go to it now. Not that I ever will seeing as its too far out for me.

I was saying the exact same thing to my hubby, it's a small enough branch in fairness, I'd say it's going to be manic up there. Thank God I mainly bank online! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

So is the one in town still open at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

kensutz wrote: »
    So is the one in town still open at the minute?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Shutting in November

Advertisement