Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Regulations January 2013

15678911»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Roadskill wrote: »
    I have been informed today that it will be possible to become unrestricted if over 24 by the following process.

If you hold a full A licence now that is restricted to 25 kw then you will be able to apply for a learners permit in category A unrestricted after January 19th.
    You will need to complete ibt modules 1,3 & 5 on a full power bike if you never did it before as it will be classed as a new licence in a different category
    If you did ibt previously then you will only need ibt module 5 on the full power machine.
    You then can ride a full power bike on the new learner permit and will have to be tested again.
    I know people will say that's not fair but you can't please everyone. If you don't want to do that stick with what you have but at least you now have the option.

I will post more as I find out.

This has nothing to do with safety here at all.

This about.............

Pure corporate greed and Cashing in on the fact that there is alot of lads and lasses out there on their 2 year restricted A licences.

Same old ripp off Ireland,nothing will ever change.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Couldn't you just use the unrestricted LP until your restricted full licence becomes unrestricted? i.e. not bother taking another driving test?

Feckin' daft system.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭prunudo

ninja900 wrote: »
    Couldn't you just use the unrestricted LP until your restricted full licence becomes unrestricted? i.e. not bother taking another driving test?

Feckin' daft system.

Good idea but your license probably wouldn't be valid without the relevant ibt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

jvan wrote: »

Good idea but your license probably wouldn't be valid without the relevant ibt.
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I didn't suggest skipping the IBT, just the (second) test.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I have been informed today that it will be possible to become unrestricted if over 24 by the following process.

If you hold a full A licence now that is restricted to 25 kw then you will be able to apply for a learners permit in category A unrestricted after January 19th.
    You will need to complete ibt modules 1,3 & 5 on a full power bike if you never did it before as it will be classed as a new licence in a different category
    If you did ibt previously then you will only need ibt module 5 on the full power machine.
    You then can ride a full power bike on the new learner permit and will have to be tested again.
    I know people will say that's not fair but you can't please everyone. If you don't want to do that stick with what you have but at least you now have the option.

Thanks for the info Roadskill but Arse Biscuits!!!:mad: Bloody EU b*stards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Tallies with what the RSA told MAG Ireland back in August. See answer to Q1 here:
    http://www.magireland.org/2012/campaigns/training/rsa-responds-on-bike-license-queries/

carsQhere wrote: »

Tallies with what the RSA told MAG Ireland back in August. See answer to Q1 here:
    http://www.magireland.org/2012/campaigns/training/rsa-responds-on-bike-license-queries/
    Yeh i know but the issue was they didn't have a definitive answer. apparently they do now.
    like i said before, you can never please everyone but it's better to have the option than nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Like my 50th time asking but now I think I understand.

I turn 24 in May, it's right for me to say I'd be better off to do the Test on an A2 LP and approved Bike then do another session of IBT on the 600 to get unrestricted?

Like my 50th time asking but now I think I understand
    I turn 24 in May, it's right for me to say I'd be better off to do the Test on an A2 LP and approved Bike then do another session of IBT on the 600 to get unrestricted?

Mini
    You would need a full A2 for 2 years to do the training upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Mini
    You would need a full A2 for 2 years to do the training upgrade.

Damn. Well, looks like I'll be going direct entry then :pac: I'll see you in June :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sethasaurus

Just in!

RSA announces new rules and regulations for 2014

New A3 license, also 2 new mandatory courses including ABT and SBT (advanced bike training, and super bike training)

For the test you must be able to jump 10 double decker buses through a ring of fire, without blinking, while doing all the hand signals in quick succession.

All bikes will need to be painted luminous yellow at your expense, and you will need to wear a giant 'I <3 road safety' light bulb provided by the RSA, on top of your helmet. Completely reflective clothing is now mandatory too.

Should you incur 1 penalty point, you will be stripped of your light bulb and your license. Then taken to court, where we will try our best to beat some sense into you.

After the beating, you will then be restricted to riding a scooter with about 50 L stickers plastered all over ye.

These new rules are being implemented to bring down the BILLIONS of people killed on the roads of Ireland every day.

:rolleyes:

Hah! Until now I had a dark cloud over my head, since reading all the BS on the RSA site. Jeez!

I just found a great bike and I want to phone the guy and say 'bring it over', but after all the infuriating rigmarole involving licenses, it almost put me off.

So thanks a million for making me laugh about it!
    Gonna call the guy now.

Advertisement