Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chuck Norris! What a guy!

• 27-07-2012 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

And by that I mean, what a hideously bigoted twat-bucket he is! Here I thought he was just an aging martial arts actor, who's career was kept alive by insidiously repetitive jokes.
    A lesbian mother who was ousted as a American boy scout leader because of her sexual orientation has slapped down 1980s action star Chuck Norris after he claimed gay people have no place in the scouting movement.

Source.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

If Chuck Norris says the ghey is bad then THE GHEY IS BAD .....
    End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Blondini wrote: »
    If Chuck Norris says the ghey is bad then THE GHEY IS BAD .....
    End of.

You make a compelling argument...*

* This post may contain sarcasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

That makes for depressing reading.
    A Boy Scouts of America national board member, James Turley, who is also global chairman and CEO of the accounting firm Ernst & Young, recently said he “will work from within to seek a change” to overturn the BSA policy that bans gay Scouts and leaders.But is Turley working on his own initiative, or has the White House prodded him with perks and favors?

I don't give a crap if it's Santa Claus making him do it, fair play for getting it done. Is there any more retarded thing to be championing than "gays are a danger to kids".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭weemcd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I always thought of Chuck as being a happy-go-lucky, badass action flick guy. For some reason however, I always figured Clint Eastwood would be old-fashioned, in a sort of stubble-chinned, backwards way. Turns out he's actually quite mellow.
    "I don't give a **** about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of ... Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

He's a Republican* though, what do you expect?

*capital R before anyone jumps down my throat

Don't jump the gun assuming he doesn't want them because they will turn the kids gay. It could be because he thinks gay = paedophile. We don't want to misrepresent the nature of his idiotic view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Meh, never liked him anyway

The Internet couldn't have picked a worse person to make overused jokes about (well, almost)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

*roundhouse kick to the face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I heard from an ex-LDS guy that the Mormons pretty much control the American boy scouts group. Could explain why that matters to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

usually people who are so vehemently against 'that sort of thing' have stuff to hide themselves. Ironically

WumBuster wrote: »
    usually people who are so vehemently against 'that sort of thing' have stuff to hide themselves. Ironically

Might be the case sometimes but I think there are a lot of people who genuinely hold these views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

mackg wrote: »
    Might be the case sometimes but I think there are a lot of people who genuinely hold these views.

Sure, but I think if half of hollywood who are gay actually came out we'd probably be calling a cinema a gay-plex

WumBuster wrote: »
    Sure, but I think if half of hollywood who are gay actually came out we'd probably be calling a cinema a gay-plex

What big Hollywood stars are openly homophobic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dlofnep wrote: »
    I always thought of Chuck as being a happy-go-lucky, badass action flick guy. For some reason however, I always figured Clint Eastwood would be old-fashioned, in a sort of stubble-chinned, backwards way. Turns out he's actually quite mellow.

Clint would kick Chucks @ss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Chuck Norris is a cnut and Chuck Norris jokes are about as funny as a cot death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Chuck Norris is a cnut and Chuck Norris jokes are about as funny as a cot death.

I dont know about that,did you know there used to be a street named after chuck norris but it was changed because nobody dares cross chuck norris and lives, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

never liked chuck norris, never like the jokes about him either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You have to remember Chuck Norris became a born again christain, and said he refuses to take part in Expendables 2 unless it was swear-word free.

So not really surprising that he hates gays, and whatever else his kiddie fcuking church tells him to hate...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Chuck Norris is a homophobic creationist Jesus freak.

In short, he can suck my balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

chuck norris is a very religious man and always has been.
    we, the internet gave him the persona of being suave and cool.

you know what they say....

never meet your heroes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Just in case.....

Dear Chuck

When you go on you murderous rampage to lay waste to all the Boardsie on here who have dissed you, please note that I was not one of them and think you are fabulous in those new Coors Light Ad's.

That is all.

Plazaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where To wrote: »
    He's a Republican* though, what do you expect?
    *capital R before anyone jumps down my throat
    Exactly, no surprise at all.
    Here's another few things people might not know but should be evident because of his political stance.
    He likes guns and is against gun control
    He say America should return to its Christian roots, tighten up its border and use republican economics (rich richer, poor poorer).
    And people think he should be pro-gay? Never going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've always had the suspicion that Chuck Norris is gay - he tries way too hard to prove his masculinity to be anything but a closet homosexual.

I also reckon he's turned to religion to try & "cure" his gayness.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if one day he "lapsed" and was caught on camera leaving a seedy motel room with a pretty faced teenage boy & a guilty look on his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

He tried to make the Expendables 2 pg-13. Missing in action was a poorer Rambo 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Not one Chuck Norris fact yet. Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pfft, give me Clint Eastwood, Arnie or Stallone any day over that bigoted hack Norris.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

C'mon! Everybody knows a gay scout leader will just influence gayness in the kids.

Fair play to Chuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

'Cause the eyes of a ranger are upon you,
    Any wrong you do, he's gonna see,

When you're in Texas, look behind you,

'Cause that's where the rangers gonna be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I actually quite liked his movies but I seem to be in the minority..
    He seems to have gone a bit fruity since the born again christian thingy though.
    I like the missing in action movies, right they are not as good as the rambo movies but good fun..

Oh and its 'Rambo: first blood part 2' whomever quoted it.
    I hate people that call it Rambo 2 cos it aint..
    Rant over. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i met chuck norris in the early 70s when he was visiting a national MA competition in london,he came over as a friendly person,and very helpful to those who wished to go into acting,my big suprise was how small he was,but like most people of my era he has a hang up about gay people with children,add a touch of religion and you end up with a gay phobia,as most religious people do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Walker Texas bigot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Norris is a notoriously bigoted religious zealot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

dlofnep wrote: »
    And by that I mean, what a hideously bigoted twat-bucket he is! Here I thought he was just an aging martial arts actor, who's career was kept alive by insidiously repetitive jokes.

1. I expect never to hear from you again once Chuck hears about this

B. I left scouts as i thought it was all a bit ghey!

Chuck Norris Jokes Rock as does Chuck himself!! Chuck the legend that is, Not real life religious nut Chuck. ps, sorry Chuck

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Chuck Norris is real?

I thought he was a character played by J.J. McQuade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

What a disgraceful comment, pure red neck american discrimination.

And all these jokes about Chuck Norris are a bit ridiculous too, like you can't say a bad work about him in because he'll appear behind you bash your head in with your keybtdegfdhnjh jhjkklkjhujhjuh jhhhhhjum khhgvjhhhhhhyhhhhhhhyj dbf vg d gdftghftghfftghtgfhr

What a disgraceful comment, pure red neck american discrimination.

And all these jokes about Chuck Norris are a bit ridiculous too, like you can't say a bad work about him in because he'll appear behind you bash your head in with your keybtdegfdhnjh jhjkklkjhujhjuh jhhhhhjum khhgvjhhhhhhyhhhhhhhyj dbf vg d gdftghftghfftghtgfhr
    unlike a lot of the martial art film stars he could fight and he will always get my respect for that,return of the dragon was the film that seems to of launched him,as well as the film ,[not the TV one] walker texes ranger,still his private life is controversial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hhhhhmmmm....Maybe NSFW if you have really strict bosses.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/chuck_315b6c_1465667.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Where's the punchline OP??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

Chuck Norris is Legend.

Chuck Norris is Legend.
    do you mean leg..end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

getz wrote: »
    do you mean leg..end