Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship Question

• 27-07-2012 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi All
    Here is my question if anyone can help:
    Currently working as an accountant in Auckland on a WHV which expires on 15th September.
    Company I work for want to keep me till end of April 2013 to cover for a guy seconded to a project
    I got the work visa form from immigration together with the notes on it and it stated that job offer should be a minimum of two years!
    Can anyone confirm given that my job offer is only for 9 months if this will prevent me from getting my work visa or how strict immigration are on this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Give your HR dept a shout and see what they say. (Or the NZ immigration dept)
    Maybe dont actually put the term (9months) in the application. Play dumb with the 2 years thing. Sure in 9 months time they might want you to stay longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

Give your HR dept a shout and see what they say. (Or the NZ immigration dept)
    Maybe dont actually put the term (9months) in the application. Play dumb with the 2 years thing. Sure in 9 months time they might want you to stay longer.

Cheers buddy, Ye will say it to HR but pretty sure they do everything by the book there,
    It will probably depend how strict immigration are, surely not every job offer is for a two year period!
    ah well may bet back to my form filling are start arranging a medical

Advertisement