Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Father's Love Letter

• 27-07-2012 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

Came across this the other day and it seemed like a good idea to share..

http://www.fathersloveletter.com/text.html
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Child,

You may not know me,
    but I know everything about you.

Psalm 139:1
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know when you sit down and when you rise up. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Psalm 139:2
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am familiar with all your ways. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Psalm 139:3
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Matthew 10:29-31
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you were made in my image. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Genesis 1:27
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In me you live and move and have your being.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Acts 17:28
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you are my offspring. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Acts 17:28
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I knew you even before you were conceived. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Jeremiah 1:4-5
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I chose you when I planned creation. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Ephesians 1:11-12
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You were not a mistake,
    for all your days are written in my book.
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Psalm 139:15-16
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I determined the exact time of your birth
    and where you would live.
    Acts 17:26
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are fearfully and wonderfully made. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Psalm 139:14
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I knit you together in your mother's womb. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Psalm 139:13
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And brought you forth on the day you were born. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Psalm 71:6
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have been misrepresented
    by those who don't know me.
    John 8:41-44
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am not distant and angry,
    but am the complete expression of love.
    1 John 4:16
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    1 John 3:1
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simply because you are my child
    and I am your Father.
    1 John 3:1
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Matthew 7:11
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am the perfect father. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Matthew 5:48
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    James 1:17
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Matthew 6:31-33
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Jeremiah 29:11
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because I love you with an everlasting love. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Jeremiah 31:3
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My thoughts toward you are countless
    as the sand on the seashore.
    Psalms 139:17-18
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I rejoice over you with singing. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Zephaniah 3:17
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will never stop doing good to you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Jeremiah 32:40
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you are my treasured possession. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Exodus 19:5
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I desire to establish you
    with all my heart and all my soul.
    Jeremiah 32:41
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I want to show you great and marvelous things. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Jeremiah 33:3
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you seek me with all your heart,
    you will find me.
    Deuteronomy 4:29
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Delight in me and I will give you
    the desires of your heart.
    Psalm 37:4
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For it is I who gave you those desires. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Philippians 2:13
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am able to do more for you
    than you could possibly imagine.
    Ephesians 3:20
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am your greatest encourager. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am also the Father who comforts you
    in all your troubles.
    2 Corinthians 1:3-4
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you are brokenhearted,
    I am close to you.
    Psalm 34:18
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a shepherd carries a lamb,
    I have carried you close to my heart.
    Isaiah 40:11
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One day I will wipe away
    every tear from your eyes.
    Revelation 21:3-4
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I'll take away all the pain
    you have suffered on this earth.
    Revelation 21:3-4
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am your Father, and I love you
    even as I love my son, Jesus.
    John 17:23
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    John 17:26
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He is the exact representation of my being. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Hebrews 1:3
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He came to demonstrate that I am for you,
    not against you.
    Romans 8:31
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    2 Corinthians 5:18-19
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    2 Corinthians 5:18-19
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His death was the ultimate expression
    of my love for you.
    1 John 4:10
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I gave up everything I loved
    that I might gain your love.
    Romans 8:31-32
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you receive the gift of my son Jesus,
    you receive me.
    1 John 2:23
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And nothing will ever separate you
    from my love again.
    Romans 8:38-39
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Come home and I'll throw the biggest party
    heaven has ever seen.
    Luke 15:7
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have always been Father,
    and will always be Father.
    Ephesians 3:14-15
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My question is…
    Will you be my child?
    John 1:12-13
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am waiting for you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Luke 15:11-32
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Love, Your Dad
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Almighty God[/FONT]
    Father's Love Letter used by permission Father Heart Communications [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    ©[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 1999-2011 www.FathersLoveLetter.com[/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

whilst the above verses are quite nice, i feel it should be mentioned
    that most of the verses are paraphrased, or completely changed.
    its very misleading, and the chapter and verse numbers should
    not be printed below each verse.

here is a verse i found in the bible.

revelation 22:19

And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations"
    It's about a prophet who was so different and set apart god knew him before he was born
    not "i know and love all the unborn"
    implies the opposite really

take a random bunch of stuff out of context good work
    "Do not let your hair become unkempt, and do not tear your clothes, or you will die and the LORD will be angry with the whole community.
    great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭SonOfAdam

I see the naysayers are out in force today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

SonOfAdam wrote: »
    I see the naysayers are out in force today :(

Inevitable..

Paraphrased? Yes, thats the whole point
    Changed? No

I have been misrepresented

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

homer911 wrote: »
    Inevitable..

Paraphrased? Yes, thats the whole point
    Changed? No

I have been misrepresented

YOLO!.
    Ezekiel 23:19-21

How can you be certain the bible and the church are not misrepresenting god?

and qoutes like this only serve to convince me you are only worshiping yourselves.

"For you were made in my image.
    Genesis 1:27"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

It's not even possible to discuss the Bible without having atheists troll this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

philologos wrote: »
    It's not even possible to discuss the Bible without having atheists troll this forum.

If you want to critique/discuss the Bible you have to do it from an objective stance. If you are going to take it as gospel before you even open it you are never going to form a proper critical view of it.

Who's an atheist and who's trolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

bluewolf wrote: »
    Who's an atheist and who's trolling?

A troll has been infracted (and I have no idea if the are atheist or not).

I suggest that posters (on both sides of the fence) leave it to the mods in the front seats to decide who is, or is not, trolling. If you feel someone is out of order then please use the Reported Post button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Yeah, but Homer was sharing the Gospel of joy and celebration!!!

Are we not allowed celebrate the good news, the 'Gospel' and take our only reason for any kind of pride and lay it on Christ the redeemer, our pride and our joy as Christians?

The end times have not yet come; we celebrate our saviour together! Thank goodness there are so many of us. It's a lovely tribute, and fair play to Homer for a really cool reminder, despite the neysayers..

Christ is King! Christ is risen!!

...don't you know....have you ever wondered even, or just wrote him off? Silly to be led -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

We know that you disagree with Christianity. Sometimes it's valuable just as Christians to listen to the Bible, and to listen to what it is saying to us. Is it really necessary for you to post ad-infinitum that you think that Christians are mistaken about what they believe in?
    Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
    “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    and before you were born I consecrated you;
    I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
    Agreed, this passage is talking about Jeremiah. Although I do think it a little farfetched that God's omniscience would be limited to a particular person.

You'll find that the section also quotes from Psalm 139 which is about David praising God concerning His works and His deeds in Creation:
    For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
    I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
    Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
    Are we to presume that this is just true for David, or is this a general truth about how we are formed?

The other passages in there about God's foreknowledge such as Ephesians chapter 1 are equally valuable. These passages, show that God is intimately involved with Creation, and indeed that He engages with us from the earliest of stages in life. That's an entirely valid way to look at Scripture.

Generally, one should understand the context, but the context helps us to apply Scripture to our daily lives as Christians. You're right to suggest that yes, we need to take care as to what passages we apply where. For example, we're not all King David in battle versus the Philistines, we're not all Jesus on the cross. I can't atone for sin, and I can't defeat Goliath and save Israel from the Philistines.

If the context is simply an expression of a general truth about God and about His involvement in Creation, there's no reason why that can't tell us something about the nature of reality.

Advertisement