Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Mobile

Options
  • 27-07-2012 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I am thinking about getting the new Samsung phone with Three. However, I've heard some pretty bad stories about the company's customer care and more importantly their coverage.

Does anybody have any experience using Three in and around Cork ? How is the signal/coverage etc ?

Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

I've been with them for 3/4 years now and have never had an issue with coverage in the Cork City.
    I hail from a rural area up west and anytime i'm up there coverage can be dodgy so if your not living in the city i'd advise to make sure and check with someone who lives in your area.

I've heard a lot of people compalinign about their customer service aswell, even people I trust who are with Three but personally i've never had any issue with them, though ive only had to contact them 3/4 times since I joined. They did go through a period of ringing me up trying to sell me a second phone, kept telling them no and they kept ringing so one day I let the guy blab on for about 15 minutes about the offer and made out I was really interested, then he eventually said, "So, i'll sign you up" and I just said "No". They never rang me again!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Michael..

Thanks for the prompt response...

I'm living in the city so I'd be happy if the city and the greater cork area had reasonable coverage.

I'll do a bit more investigation before I commit though.

Thanks again !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I've been with Three since January this year after changing from Meteor. I haven't had a single problem with them!

I've heard horror stories about their customer care service also but I've never had any issues with them.

I find the coverage very good, I live the city side of Douglas (if that makes sense :o) and the park I live in is like a black hole for coverage usually, I had really bad problems trying to get a signal with Meteor where I live and other people in my house have had the same issues with o2. I have always had full coverage or close to it with Three!

No complaints here anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I have a few business phones with 3, I have been with them for the last 3/4 years. We are based in the City but quite often we do travel throughout Munster.
    No provider has 100% coverage, in the past we have used O2 and Vodafone. 3 most certainly has better coverage than these two providers, that is both voice and data.
    Customer service is probably different for us, as we have a business account, it is excellent, I cannot comment on their general customer service.
    One other thing to note is, last week 3 and Vodafone signed a contract whereby they would pool their coverage to each other. I know that ever since we signed up with them, they used Vodafones network as a back up to their own, so this makes it official.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

With them for a year and a half, find them excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

With them 6 months and have had no issues at all! Bettter coverage than O2 imho as I moved from that network previous, i'm also rural!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

sent me out a broken phone,took a month to get a new one,still charged me for the month tho, i complained to no avail,stuck with them for another 17 months now,they blamed HTC for the faulty phone! absolte joke, I wouldnt bother if i wer you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I wouldn't touch 3 with a bargepole. They're fine until you have problems. Coverage isn't great either. Voda/O2 are the best for coverage IMO. (although Voda CS isn't great either).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭aman23

coverage is ok. but a lot of the time, even with 5 bars 3G cover. the internet won't work, or can be on and off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

coverage is pretty much good on patricks street and immediate surrounding streets,

west of the city (washington street -> ucc) is very dodgy, somedays on college road id have full signal and 3g other days nothing....wasn't the only student with this problem too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 robbithompson

Im with three and i think its a brilliant network, was with Vodafone for a while and had to switch back saved so much money never any network issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I've been with O2 and Vodafone for years but 3 are the best so far...

Coverage fine, good package, free roaming in the UK, good customer service.

Effectively the complete opposite to Vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

I have had mobile broadband with 3 and there customer service is absolutely dreadful. There call centre is in INDIA and to say its hard to understand them is an understatement, I would not advise anyone to do business with a company that has nobody in Ireland to deal with customers issues.

Advertisement