Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Aftermath

Options
  • 27-07-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Some new info

• Urban warfare on four new maps
    • Fight through the dust and rubble, use the earthquake damaged terrain to your tactical advantage
    • New heavily modified military and civilian vehicles – ingenuity and firepower combined
    • New game mode
    • New assignments, achievements and dog tags

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Yeah sounds pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Released;
    27th Nov Premium PS3
    4th Dec Premium PC/360
    11th Dec Non-Premium PS3
    18th Dec Non-Premium PC/360

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Not much hype surrounding this release. Im not too pushed with it myself, although I am looking forward to the crossbow & c4 combination :)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I got unduly excited when my battlelog showed I had this unlocked yesterday :(

You can see the new assignments, dogtags, vehicles and crossbow on there now, vehicles look awesome! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I suspect this will be the expansion pack that'll be most worthwhile. CQ maps were too small, and the modes a bit gimmicky. The AK maps were too big and empty at times. The more infantry friendly Aftermath maps may prove most fun I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Looking forward to this, haven't bothered with the previous expansion packs as they didn't really improve the game.
    Also have a gamestop voucher to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Beekay wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, haven't bothered with the previous expansion packs as they didn't really improve the game.
    Also have a gamestop voucher to use.

I don't think you can buy DLC at gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Akrasia wrote: »

i think you can, pretty sure i seen a cover for it the last day when i was in...

although cheaper in India... nudge nudge wink wink etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Looks like there will be tanks and heli's in this too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Looks like there will be tanks and heli's in this too :)
    Just little birds AFAIK. Also, tanks will be easy enough to take out I'd imagine, because of the tight narrow streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Akrasia wrote: »

Sorry, meant to say I was gonna use it to get a psn voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Has anyone managed to play this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Downloading now, 1935MB. :(

At last they have addressed the lag and sound issues that have been plaguing the PS3 since the Karkland expansion.

edit; just noticed this thread is for the expansion, I am downloading the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

just watched the official launch trailer, pretty impressive looking, has anyone played it yet. to be honest im kinda hoping it gets back to the feel of the on disc maps, the last 2 were fine on their own merits, but id rather some of the on disc map feel again. on the video scavanger looks like gun game to be honest, am hoping its a little bit more than that. also a question to anyone who has played it, is there earthquake action during the games. either way its looking pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just finished installing it now. Other than the 1 and a half games I played earlier, this is my first proper game of bf3 I've had since the end of August.

* its hectic

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Only played an hour on various maps but loving it . nice size maps very frantic with the urban setting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Really enjoying this DLC, hectic as hell, great maps and lots of fun.

A round of Rush below for anyone who wants a peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Cant download it, first time it was due to take 600 minutes. I ran it overnight to see that it failed.

Have it going now again at 300 minutes but worried it also might fail.

Where do you find it... it is not in the PSN store I hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mozattack wrote: »
    Where do you find it... it is not in the PSN store I hear?

It's definitely there. If you go into the search bar at the top of the store and type "AFTER", it'll be the 6th option on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Really enjoying this DLC, hectic as hell, great maps and lots of fun.

A round of Rush below for anyone who wants a peak.

Awesome video, thanks. Looking forward to getting back into BF3 when this is released on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Haven't played much of BF since AK was released but this has got my interest back in it. Really good maps and game modes seem to suit it well too.

Why is there no hit markers when the RPG hits in the above video?

Well I got to play Aftermath for a good 3 hours yesterday...

I must say I am very disappointed. Very disappointed that other DLCs couldn't have been as good as this, it is truelly incredible!

Granted at this stage I don't know the maps because they are quite similar and very detailed so there is a lot to know. I played conquest, scavenger and rush on all maps and all were excellent. Scavenger is a great idea and I can see myself playing that more often; it plays like a slower CONQ DOM mixed with Conquest and Gunmaster; very good. Also it is a good test of skill; no assault spamming with revives and M16 here, thank god

Conquest was excellent, a lot of action with the map sizes perfect. Didn't find the maps one bit linear and there are so many alleys, holes, gulleys, side roads it is very varied. Also within the maps there is so much rubble and other objects that enemies could be hiding anyway. Added to that the maps are quite vertical so threats could come from any angle.

Rush was very good, extremely hectic but that so in a good way. Seems even enough with myself winning and losing around the same as defence and attack.

Finallly the xbow is not OP, well it isn't with the first bolts you get anyway. I killed around 7 people with it over the night but come the end of the night I had dropped it as an option (I only got killed by it once BTW)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can I buy this DLC without being premium on 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Should be able once it's released on 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I think so, you just won't be able to get it till around the 14th December (I could be wrong with that date) I just know its after Premium members get it on the 4th.

EDIT: just seen post #3 its the 18th for non-premium members

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

How much is BF3 Premium with the game cost's on Xbox 360? I'm thinking of buying that instead of just buying the DLC. OT- The aftermath DLC looks excellent, the crossbow just makes me want to buy it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

tcjpmcd wrote: »
    How much is BF3 Premium with the game cost's on Xbox 360? I'm thinking of buying that instead of just buying the DLC. OT- The aftermath DLC looks excellent, the crossbow just makes me want to buy it...

4000 MS Points, its well worth it though if you play BF3 regularly. Can't wait for the new maps....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

PlainP wrote: »
    4000 MS Points, its well worth it though if you play BF3 regularly. Can't wait for the new maps....

BF3 is my favourite game on the xbox. So buying this soon. :) And thnaks for the input!

Advertisement