Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Been nearly a 2 month break away from BF3, odd TDM in September aside. I had a feeling this would been more in line with B2K maps in that they'd be excellent, I'm delighted to see that is indeed the case despite playing on my own for the most part so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Nuri Sahin, where have you been this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

PC gameplay:

Played again last night and the one thing i'd say is that they did take a short-cut on Rush? For example most of the rush activity happens within the conquest areas of the map, it is very small.

I played a lot of games and the rush round lasted 5 minutes a few times in a row.

On vanilla a quick game of Seine would be 15 minutes while I have had games of Rush lasting almost an hour. 5 minutes? I am referring to Epicentre here and I just think the gaps between bases are so tiny that it is a clusterf**k.

It is disappointing that some MCOMMS are not out of bounds on map area specifically designed for rush - e.g. Metro, Seine, Caspian,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

mozattack wrote: »
    Played again last night and the one thing i'd say is that they did take a short-cut on Rush? For example most of the rush activity happens within the conquest areas of the map, it is very small.

I played a lot of games and the rush round lasted 5 minutes a few times in a row.

On vanilla a quick game of Seine would be 15 minutes while I have had games of Rush lasting almost an hour. 5 minutes? I am referring to Epicentre here and I just think the gaps between bases are so tiny that it is a clusterf**k.

It is disappointing that some MCOMMS are not out of bounds on map area specifically designed for rush - e.g. Metro, Seine, Caspian,

I love Rush on these maps I have to say. I think a lot of the fast games are because people don't know the maps yet...it's easy to get through or let someone through onto an MCOM. Add that many MCOMS can be close together and it can be a frantic race to the finish.

My full review is up now if anyone would like a peek, the DLC is a homerun for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How do I find servers with Aftermath maps for the PC? I can't seem to find any :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

the_syco wrote: »
    How do I find servers with Aftermath maps for the PC? I can't seem to find any :confused:

It is not out until the 4th AFAIK for PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I did not even realise this was out now.. Been so busy I have hardly touched my console!

Hurry on relaxing xmas time!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

The Aftermath DLC is downloading on my PC in preparation for tomorrows release. According to twitter it'll be 3,810 MB in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

oh am i glad i opted for the larger ssd now!

• Advertisement

Back again, I mentioned above that Rush is over too fast but fast forward a week and we are on track.

What a DLC; 9.5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Not sure if the DLC in todays patch or is it just a normal bloated DICE patch.

Latest server update changes Gunmaster.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654788828785695/

Patch changes/nerfs. The PS3 got these last week.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654788585875743/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I got this at 17:00 on battlelog

sApZk.jpg

Is it actually out or is it just pre-load?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mantel wrote: »
    I got this at 17:00 on battlelog

Is it actually out or is it just pre-load?

Servers are certainly showing at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I downloaded a patch that was a few GB's. I see people playing Aftermath on PC servers, but when I try to join, I get;

231317.JPG

any ideas? I can't find any "install DLC" option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

We will have to download the DLC tomorrow morning. You will have to click on Battlefield in Origin and go to expansions then right click aftermath & install. That's the way it worked for armoured kill.

The people on that server are just trying to join i'd say

Looks like it's 9am for us.

jg9Ac.jpg

hurry up 5 o clock.....

stupid work letting me afford games but giving me no time to play

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so... whats the story with this ****? i get same thing with expansion needed to be installed....

danniemcq wrote: »
    hurry up 5 o clock.....

stupid work letting me afford games but giving me no time to play

Don't be in a hurry to get home today, it still hasn't been released to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

so... whats the story with this ****? i get same thing with expansion needed to be installed....

It's a staggered and apparently random release by country it seems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

We all downloaded the patch yesterday, but today we have to download the actual DLC. This is to prevent people without premium downloading files that aren't needed by them.

Keep restarting your origin client until you see the game in your battlefield menu. (Hover over battlefield & press i) Or the expansion will automatically start downloading. Mine is downloading at the moment, its 3.8gigs.

Mines only just started. It had a bunch of failures first before it finally caught on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bah Far Cry so for the evening.

jesus ****ing crist, how big the whole thing is then?! i downloaded this morning an 3.8gb thing and now another 3.8gb?!?! i barely got any space left on ssd!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

31278593.jpg

got to play a game of scavenger there now,

was very confused by loadout, no guns bar handguns

needless to say i had a terrible round!

crossbow is fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

Found a fix for those of you still waiting to download the new aftermath DLC.

1: Quit Origin using task manager
    2: Go to EA's site and log into your origin acc
    3: Go to regional settings and select USA.
    4: Log back into your origin client. The best way to do this is to go to battelog, search for a aftermath server, then select open in origin.

I tried some other fixes and this way was the only one that worked for me.

Best of Luck.

P.S **** Origin and DICE up the ass !! Retards the lot of em

well had to move my whole bf3 to steam ssd, from OS ssd. you damn fat bastard! :mad:

• Advertisement

well had to move my whole bf3 to steam ssd, from OS ssd. you damn fat bastard! :mad:

oh be careful!

DO NOT DELETE original if you can till you have it running off other HDD

I had major issues till i finally copied just the 2 big files 22gb~ into the folder you are installing Origin to.

Otherwise you will be prompted for a full download again

You might have to create an OriginGames Folder in the same folder and copy data there too just incase the first way doesn't work.

Either way you only have to download the core set up if done right.

Advertisement