Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhome window separating

Options
  • 27-07-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi there,

looking for some advice please. Last night we had the full thunder, lightning, and associated wind down here near Bordeaux. One of the windows by the upper bunk in the rear of the motorhome was not properly closed and I noticed this morning that the inner pane is part separated from the outer. Whats the best method to use to reseal please ?

Thanks,

Mack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

T650 wrote: »
    Hi there,

looking for some advice please. Last night we had the full thunder, lightning, and associated wind down here near Bordeaux. One of the windows by the upper bunk in the rear of the motorhome was not properly closed and I noticed this morning that the inner pane is part separated from the outer. Whats the best method to use to reseal please ?

Thanks,

Mack.

It really should be separated completely and re glued with an adhesive suitable for hard plastics. Probably a job best left till you get home. In the meantime I would tape the window closed from the outside as the window latches are attached to the inner pane and you could lose the outer pane as you are driving along if the panes separated fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

*Kol* wrote: »
    T650 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks,

Mack.

It really should be separated completely and re glued with an adhesive suitable for hard plastics. Probably a job best left till you get home. In the meantime I would tape the window closed from the outside as the window latches are attached to the inner pane and you could lose the outer pane as you are driving along if the panes separated fully.
    Thing is, it'll fog up now, they,re airtight from new.

Advertisement