Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using Ipads in classroom.... apprehensive

• 27-07-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi all.

I'm looking for any feedback on people who are working in schools who use ipads as a medium in education?

I will be starting my PDE soon and have been informed that the school has introduced ipads and interactive boards in the class. I am somewhat apprehensive about this. my main concern is maintaining classroom control.

I would welcome anyone experience with ipads in the classroom and any tips ye may have.

big thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Are you going to be supplied with an ipad for the duration of classes do you know? If you are going to be preparing lessons which involve the use of ipads would you need to have one available on which to prepare your lessons?

Also it might help to mention what your subjects are so that you might get specific info from teachers of them subjects. I'm sure there'd be a fairly big difference between teaching a language using ipads and teaching a science...I think anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

Hi Cygnus. Yes Ive been informed that I will be given an ipad for the duration of my placement.

My subject areas are History and English

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We had two 1st year iPad class groups last year. I ended up having a class once a week with them (not by choice). I used to get them to put the iPads away as they were forever messaging each other through apps and generally not staying on task.

I think with a more mature student they could be really useful.

I wanted to trial them with a group of children with special needs but I was shot down on that one.

Advertisement