Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silva

Options
  • 27-07-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

my main dilemma atm. 10 million is just a tiny bit too expensive i think and i could really use an extra mill or so elsewhere. i really don't want to have to try and squeeze him in later tho as it will take 2/3 transfers to get him in.

yaya could be a good solution @ 8m, but no telling how often he'll be allowed get forward.

thoughts? is silva essential? will you have him for GW1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

will definitely have him gw1. but tbh this midfielder situation is getting ridiculous. the likes of Oscar, Hazard, Kagawa, added to the likes of Bale, Silva, Walcott, Dempsey, Siggy, Nani, Valencia and more. It's going to be very hard to get the right combo, and tbh i think alot of it will come down to luck (at least initially)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

yup, makes the game more interesting anyway, gone are the days of lamps or gerrard with the rest cheapies.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Silva is top class player but I allready have 3 Man City players on my team. Heres my team, tell me what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hardly worth a thread......

dahat wrote: »
    Hardly worth a thread......

why? he's the most expensive midfielder in the game and lots will have him in their team.

this is an entire sub forum for fantasy sports. we don't have to keep everything in a single thread anymore.

• Advertisement

yaya just scored against arsenal! hmmmm

froog wrote: »
    why? he's the most expensive midfielder in the game and lots will have him in their team.

this is an entire sub forum for fantasy sports. we don't have to keep everything in a single thread anymore.

Overkill..........

dahat wrote: »
    Overkill..........

a thread on a popular player in a forum for fantasy football is overkill??

so what is thread worthy?

and yes i know it's for other fantasy sports but the majority of it will be FPL.

Could have been put in another open thread,sure look makes no odds to me really,was just being picky i suppose.......

As for Silva,i think he will be eased into the season and early on he will have bit part role so quite costly for little return,imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Makes sense to me to have a thread dedicated to one of the most important FPL players in a forum dedicated to fantasy football.

Im still very much undecided on Silva myself. 10 million isnt bad for what he could bring, but with so other many potentially high scoring midfielders coming in cheaper its a hard call.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Heres my team, tell me what you think

No Chelsea players for the double game week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Personally I am going to give Silva a miss, for a number of reasons.

A, I just don't think he will start all that well. He will still chip in with assists, but not the guaranteed points scorer that justifies his inclusion above all the other midfielders available (and there are lots of them)

B, The most expensive, which following from point one makes him even less attractive.

C, Finished last season rubbish, and in my opinion didn't look much better at the Euros.

D, Perhaps most importantly, all the casuals will have him, and with the wide range of top midfielders available, picking the right one ahead of Silva could get you a head start, should you chose right.

Bale. Dempsey, Valencia, Kagawa, Hazard, Oscar, Oxlade-Chamberlin, Mata, Van der Vaart. One of them is going to start the season on fire. Silva is a lazy choice in my opinion, he needs to earn it all over again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement