Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to being ripped off at Maplins (in Dublin)

Options
  • 27-07-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

When I'm in town (in Dublin) I always drop into Maplins to do a bit of browsing but I never buy anything because everything is a complete ripoff. For instance, I needed a video adapter and they were charging €22 for it in Maplins. Instead I ordered one on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160578957406?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    for €1.93. Shipping cost 50c and It arrived the next day. When you need something in particular you're way better off ordering online but sometimes I just look around Maplins to see if I spot anything I need. Are there other shops in Dublin city centre like Maplins that have a wide selection of electronics bits and pieces but sell them for reasonable prices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

As if we needed reminding of why Peats went bust!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

coylemj wrote: »
    As if we needed reminding of why Peats went bust!

Peats went bust because of the Sony centres they ran, along with the issue of upward only rent reviews. The Peats shops themselves were in fact all profitable.

Peats went bust because of the Sony centres they ran, along with the issue of upward only rent reviews. The Peats shops themselves were in fact all profitable.

Well the Parnell St. shop wasn't very impressive when I visited a few months ago, lots of very old electrical stock being cleared at discounted prices and a pretty tatty interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

This adapter converts a DVI-D analog female plug to a VGA plug and can adapt to any existing system that uses VGA technology. Have a non-DVI Monitor but want to take advantage of the high-performance Digital Video of DVI-D? This Adapter is just for you. It provide a high-bandwidth video interface for the host and display devices of today, while addressing the bandwidth requirements of tomorrow. Many manufactures cut every corner possible to maximize their profits and provide you with the poorest quality cables and adapters. When customers spend hundreds of euros on quality audio/video devices, mobile phones and video cards, then it only makes sense that they should buy the best quality cables and connectors. The Syncron cables doesn`t have any fancy mechanism on it: we believes that consumers deserve the best quality.

Seriously ?!!

Ken

That quote is not from this thread, what's up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It's from the ad the OP linked to :)

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    It's from the ad the OP linked to :)

Ken

Yet another eBay Analog to Digital 'adapter' LOL.

OP, still all smug about your 'bargain' purchase?

Advertisement