Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cattery cost (per day/week,etc)

• 27-07-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

We've left our 2 cats (10mths, 22months old) with the kind lady who had nursed and minded them after rescue before we got them.
    We've left them with her for a week and we supplied food.

I've no idea what the average cost would have been if we took them to a cattery.
    I am thinking of giving the lady 100Eu for the week and we left it a bit open as to what we would give her for kindly taking the cats.
    She has a good number of other cats which she still keeps herself.

I am just looking for a rough guidance on the cost of minding cats while owners are on vacation.

Thanks!

-ifc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The cattery I use charges 10 euro a day and that includes food etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

€100 sounds fine. €8-10 per cat is normally the going rate and a bit less if they share so that seems reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Belatedly from the OP ---> many thanks for those who replied.
    In the end , the lady took the 2 cats from Fri afternoon->following Sunday morning.

Both cats got on great with her and they settled back better than ever with us.
    I gave her 120 Eu.
    She said it was way too much but was happy to take if I was happy with that amount.
    She offered to take them again.
    They (her and family) are real sweeties and love cats and pets.
    They take in rescue cats, I believe.

She offered to take the cats again.
    I might do this.. although, I reckon I might get someone to stay in the house next time and feed/water/mind the cats as it can be a little bit of uphevil for them to go from one end of the county to the other.

thanks for your kind posts folks!

-ifc

Advertisement