Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in mount oval

• 27-07-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if I can get UPC in mount oval in cork or what internet can I get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Yes, You can get UPC as far as I know. Fill out the form on the right hand side of this page to check.

EDIT: I was wrong, i was just checking out mount oval there and it says that it doesn't have it. Strange because I have it across the road from mount oval. Maybe try your address and see anyway. Or else try ring them in case the online form is broken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just rang them,we can get UPC tv but not broadband. That's very strange. Anyone know what our options are now? Is there any viable provider with having to go the eircom route with renting phone line etc

Eircom would be the only other reliable option. 3G/ WiMax connections are awful in that area. And Eircom are upgrading the network around mount oval so it might get better

Just rang eircom,max I can get is 4mb because that's all the line can handle. I would still have considered mount oval cork city and that's the top speed we can get. We really are in the stone ages in regard to Internet speeds in this country

That's Eircom for ya, you would have thought that when building the whole of mount oval that they would have placed a proper infrastructure. I was the same as you, I could only get max 4mb, despite them having me on an 8mb package. The speed the were sending me kept crashing my line.

I suppose you're left with vodafone or imagine WiMax. Vodafone uses eircom's lines so you're stuck to max again, maybe try 3G from voda/ o2?

• Advertisement

I'm not going the 3G route to be honest, we use netflix a lot and would fly over the 3G download limit pretty quick I'd say. Looks like eircom it is and just hope they upgrade the lines soon

I'll give it a year, maybe 2 before it's up and running. It is Eircom we're talking about here :P

Advertisement