Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uneven haircut: What to do?

• 27-07-2012 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Ugh, I just took a look at my old threads and saw that I gave advice on how to deal with a bad haircut. That thread was mostly about thinning. And like many people responding to that thread, I was a victim of a hair dresser who thinned the heck out of my beautiful thick hair.

Now, I'm here with another bad hair cut. My hair has gotten thick again (probably 80% of what it was). And the hairdresser didn't thin it as per my request. So, I'm happy in that department. But my hair is FRIKIN' UNEVEN!! :mad: I mean, I can live with it as I don't style my hair sleek straight. And the "unevenness" is not that much that you can't get away with it with a messy style. (It is still quite weird though. When you took strands from opposite sides, they don't match. And I check this with quite a few strands.) But the longest part in the back is just wrong!! :( Again, it is not like there is a 15 cm difference between sides. But when you examine, you can see the slight slope at the back!! :mad:

I can't afford another hair cut. (I mean, I couldn't even afford a proper hair cut this time. I just needed a trim. So, I went to Tian Du, a Chinese hairdresser, that I received a perfect trim before. But I don't think I'll ever set foot there again.) I guess I can wait for some time (2 months maybe?) and get another hair cut somewhere else. What would you advise me to do?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Ugh, I just took a look at my old threads and saw that I gave advice on how to deal with a bad haircut. That thread was mostly about thinning. And like many people responding to that thread, I was a victim of a hair dresser who thinned the heck out of my beautiful thick hair.

Now, I'm here with another bad hair cut. My hair has gotten thick again (probably 80% of what it was). And the hairdresser didn't thin it as per my request. So, I'm happy in that department. But my hair is FRIKIN' UNEVEN!! :mad: I mean, I can live with it as I don't style my hair sleek straight. And the "unevenness" is not that much that you can't get away with it with a messy style. (It is still quite weird though. When you took strands from opposite sides, they don't match. And I check this with quite a few strands.) But the longest part in the back is just wrong!! :( Again, it is not like there is a 15 cm difference between sides. But when you examine, you can see the slight slope at the back!! :mad:

I can't afford another hair cut. (I mean, I couldn't even afford a proper hair cut this time. I just needed a trim. So, I went to Tian Du, a Chinese hairdresser, that I received a perfect trim before. But I don't think I'll ever set foot there again.) I guess I can wait for some time (2 months maybe?) and get another hair cut somewhere else. What would you advise me to do?

Thanks in advance.

Don't put up with it - get some pieces in asap!

I chopped off too much of my own hair before, on one side only and after much procrastination I went and did some research into hair extensions then searched Facebook for salons close to me.
    It was the BEST thing I ever did!
    I only had to get 10 pieces in and all it cost was €20.
    Took only 10 minutes and I looked normal again. They cut them to length for me,
    straight across at no extra charge...and then I went home and lightly razored into the ends (carefully this time!) to blend with my layers.

There are generally two types - glue in's (not as scary as you think) and micro rings,
    which are tiny copper tubes, clamped to your hair with small pliers (not as scary as you think either!).
    I got the glue ones - they told me they last longer.
    There will be no damage with them trust me, especially as you will only need a few and not a full head - they position them about half an inch from your scalp so they won't be stuck to you!
    And they remove them with special remover when they need to come out/have a new set done.
    Mine lasted nearly 5 months before I had to have them done again.

Go for it! There's tonnes of salons doing them now,
    all mainly Polish and very reasonable.
    Facebook will find you one locally - you're in Dublin - take your pick! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Just go back to the hairdressers and explain the situation. Usually they'll fix it for free. I had the same problem before and it wasn't a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

leaveiton wrote: »
    Just go back to the hairdressers and explain the situation. Usually they'll fix it for free. I had the same problem before and it wasn't a problem.

I'm afraid that they're going to ruin it even more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I'm afraid that they're going to ruin it even more :(

Go back. Explain that you are unhappy with your cut and why. Tell them that you are unhappy for the same stylist to fix it and you would prefer the head stylist of the salon to fix it.

Advertisement