Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do around Dunhill?

Options
  • 27-07-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

D'father is after getting the idea in his head to head out to Dunhill for the day next week. Any suggestions on what to get up to around there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dunhill Castle
    Fenor Bog

Thats about 30 minutes sorted including travelling
    I got nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Think the place in Fenor is (or at least was) fairly serious for food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Suggest when you're finished in Fenor to head towards the coast and take the Copper Coast road to Dungarvan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Also check out the lake near Fenor, go to Annes town beach walk along the cliff great view, Dunhill Castle is pretty cool tell him to bring a camera the real view is on the top climb up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Have a game of eye-spy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Dunhill is well known for its dogging activities, so he should be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Dunhill is well known for its dogging activities, so he should be sorted.

Go on.......
    >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Don the wellies and get stuck in to the Anne valley Project & Dunhill
    Leaders in Integrated constructed wetland concept

http://www.teagasc.ie/agcatchments/catchsciencedocs/day1/Oral%207%20-%20Rory%20Harrington.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Dunhill Castle
    Fenor Bog

Thats about 30 minutes sorted including travelling
    I got nothing else

Seeing as it's the City forum I assume that's town to Fenor to Dunhill, and back to town.

Time yourself, it'll take ya a lot more than half an hour, and that's without actually stopping to have a look at either of the places you mentioned, smartarse.

As to what to do, you kinda need to have the weather: there's an Eco-thingy in dunhill as someone above mentioned, there's several lovely beaches (boatstrand, annestown, kilfarrassy, garrarus), copper coast open farm/cafe, Harneys pub in dunhill or O'mahonys in fenor (where the pint of Guinness is unreal apparently), the Fenor bog nature reserve. Ballyscanlon lake, carrigavantry reservoir, dunhill castle or the Anne Valley offer a variety of walks with nice views.

If kids are involved there's a public playground in fenor which is better than anything in tramore or Waterford.

There's road bowling in Fenor village several evenings a week as well, newcomers always welcome to have a go for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Fun day ahead I can assure you :p In dunhill there fudge all, head to fenor to see the bog its about 12 minutes from dunhill, playground is grand for kids. The castle is ok but the road leading up to it is still half missing(literally) so not the best idea going up. Annstown is by the castle you could head there to the beach and walk on the cliffs its nice. Food wise I'd go to pieces in Kill, for a €5 you get a full on dinner its shocking how much food you get and its a nice place, called pieces on the left when you com into Kill from the dunhill road.

Thats it surprised I wrote so much haha oh there no phone reception in dunhill, epic fail right there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement