Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is repeating the Leaving through PLC different from a regular school

• 27-07-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I think I might have to repeat my Leaving Cert. I didn't really know what I wanted to do until May so I just kind of coasted through the year. Thing is, if I have to repeat I want to do it through PLC because I absolutely despise the school I was in and I refuse to go back.

Is repeating through PLC any different or is it just like a regular secondary school?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

I think I might have to repeat my Leaving Cert. I didn't really know what I wanted to do until May so I just kind of coasted through the year. Thing is, if I have to repeat I want to do it through PLC because I absolutely despise the school I was in and I refuse to go back.

Is repeating through PLC any different or is it just like a regular secondary school?

you dont repeat through plc. Repeating the leaving cert and plc courses are different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you mean a PLC college?
    Some of them have a repeat Leaving class, but the repeat Leaving is not a PLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 In3Dimensions

spurious wrote: »
    Do you mean a PLC college?
    Some of them have a repeat Leaving class, but the repeat Leaving is not a PLC.

Yeah I know it's not a PLC course, just at at a PLC college. What I mean is do they operate differently to a normal school. Are classes bigger or smaller? Do they give as much homework? Can you tailor your subject choices more? That kind of thing

Advertisement