Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Republic Has the Lowest IQ Levels in Western Europe because...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

First of all, IQ is bull****.
    Secondly, this report is bull****.
    Thirdly, teaching has no impact whatsoever on somebody's IQ.

Teaching Irish or religion to kids does not alter their IQ in any direction.
    I learnt Irish through the school system and I've probably a far higher IQ than whoever made that comment....
    So there! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Yeah but that was one troll posting nonsense on a forum, with an obvious agenda.
    partyatmygaff wasn't agreeing with him, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Ficheall wrote: »
    partyatmygaff wasn't agreeing with him, ffs.

WEll it might have been sarcasm, if so I missed it. Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

The brightest emigrate leaving us thicko's behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    The brightest emigrate leaving us thicko's behind.

NO PERSONAL ABUSE, EVEN FOR YOURSELF

BANNED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

WEll it might have been sarcasm, if so I missed it. Apologies.
    It definitely was sarcasm. I'd hardly go on and say that the vast majority of "studies" and stats posted online are created on a whim if I was agreeing with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I yam verry inteligunt, I have an IQ and a BQ and a DQ and a BBQ and a hat.
    So. There.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

and the reason for giving a sht about IQ scores,let alone other peoples is....? :confused:

they do not show real inteligence,people can have high inteligence but be poor in academics-thus show as low IQ,and some can have high inteligence but be bad at test taking thus appear low IQ,many more examples to choose from.

IQ scores are nothing but pissing contests for pseudo intelectuals to wave their score around and belittle other people with.

genuinely inteligent people dont need to advertise they are inteligent as it shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

csi vegas wrote: »
    And so do they! Aswell as their own. English is their second language and believe me they're all the better for it internationally. An Irish national wants to live in Germany - learn German as an adult, a German national wants to live in UK/America - presto! - been speaking the language since primary and it's embarrassing to go somewhere like Turkey on holidays and have the local beach-comber speaks not only Turkish but English, German, French, Italian and Russian, with a bit of Swedish thrown in, need I continue?

What's our second language? We don't even have one, not even Irish...

There is a huge advantage to a German person speaking English. It's the language that the majority of world business is conducted in. That is why it is thought to them in school. What is the advantage offered by teaching an irish child French or German of Spanish or any of the other languages out there and how do you decide which one to teach when you have no idea what country a child may decide to live in when they get older.

Your right Irish isn't our second language it's our first. English is the second language officially. My opinion is that Irish should be dropped as a compulsory subject and there should be no compulsory languages thought in schools. The time instead should be put into the teaching of the sciences, a truly international language with countless benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Orizio wrote: »
    I read somewhere that outside of Dublin and Cork city the IQ of the average Irish person is maybe 60-70.

Ha. That is very good, I nearly got sick laughing. It wouldn't surprise me either.

I had an IQ around 115/120 when I was only 13, I wasn't particularly good at school either, I was a dosser as I couldn't relax and concentrate unless the subject interested me.
    I tend to find those with average IQs are actually happier and more successful in life as they don't tend to analysis and think too much about some things.

Having a high IQ doesn't necessarily make you smarter than others, Its just you look at things and situations a bit different.

Cultural traits here had a big emphasis on "doing what your told", And being obedient to authority.. Hence look at how our politicians robbed us and our priests abused us and nothing was done about it and the vast majority of people in decades gone by would not believe the victims of abuse either or would stay loyally voting for corrupt politicians. Its like our collective intelligence was kept in a cocoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I saw this thread, then saw the first two words of the thread below this one. The answer was, of coursse:

Samantha Brick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wait... they're measuring fluoride levels against IQ, knowing that IQ has been discredited for years? Sound like they're not too smart themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

...we are the only nation in Western Europe with 100% fluoridated public drinking water supplies. We need to end this 1960's gombeen money-grabbing experiment now.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/24/idUS127920+24-Jul-2012+PRN20120724

Frankly, I have come to the conclusion anyone in favour of dumping the scrapings off the inside of industrial smoke stacks into our drinking water is either a lunatic or a denist who knows it does not work and actually destroys teeth to keep their lucrative business model rolling along.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056470510
    Most places out side of Dublin and Cork are hill billy towns - basically people are inbred and over the course of a few generations they become stupid.
    Banned, but hey you can still post in Dublin and Cork city forums. Win-win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement