Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM & notes available

Options
  • 27-07-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

Why do BOI ATMs display €10 as available to be withdrawn? Then prompt you later to specify an amount in multiples of €20 (which includes €50 !!!) ?

Why can't the screen 'know' what notes are available and only offer what is available ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi TarfHead,

Thanks for getting in touch. This occurs down to the programming of the ATMs. The machine runs a check to see what notes are available after an amount is requested by the user.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I've passed on your feedback to our ATM team.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

TarfHead wrote: »
    Why can't the screen 'know' what notes are available and only offer what is available ?
    I've passed on your feedback to our ATM team.
    I came here to post exactly the same query. 

I have entered my pin, selected language, said no thanks to a receipt, selected amount ... and only them does the machine inform me that it only has certain notes available, and that I need to go start again.

Can't think of any reason why the check can't be done the the end of each transaction, so that it is really to only offer available amounts to the next customer, or after the current customer has entered their pin.

Please do feedback to the ATM team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Blinder,

As always we appreciate your feedback and have passed this on to the relevant department for you.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement