Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit activation question

Options
  • 27-07-2012 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recieved my new visa debit card today in the post.

the letter that came with the card stated that i had to complete an atm transaction to activate the new card.

does that mean i have to make a withdrawl, or can I simply just print my current balance or do another non withdrawl transaction to activate it?

many thanks for your reply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

You don't need to make a withdrawal; anything will do...balance on screen, change PIN, etc.
    Hi

I recieved my new visa debit card today in the post.

the letter that came with the card stated that i had to complete an atm transaction to activate the new card.

does that mean i have to make a withdrawl, or can I simply just print my current balance or do another non withdrawl transaction to activate it?

many thanks for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

vic20 wrote: »
    You don't need to make a withdrawal; anything will do...balance on screen, change PIN, etc.

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi filmbuffboy,

vic20 is correct. A pin change or receiving your balance on screen with both due to activate the card. You also have the option of printing a mini-statement if you happen to be in a branch.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement