Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular hip hop opinions.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

DJ Spiral's album has a few good tracks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Biggie had internal rhymes in lines and wasn't afraid to switch tempo.

Rhyming simply using internal rhyme does not make it "technical".

Biggie is one of those rappers who people exaggerate his "technicality" to compensate from his lack of subject matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

baddebt wrote: »
    My own opinion of course

Wu
    ATCQ
    Mobb Deep (4 absolute bangin albums)
    Group Home
    Jurassic 5
    AOTP
    Jedi mind tricks
    Snowgoons
    EPMD
    Geto Boys
    Public enemy
    All are Better and have produced better Albums than anything Outkast have done , Merely my opinion of course

Group Home? C'mon son. Livin' Proof was a good album (predominatly for Primo) but still can't touch Kasts first three albums. And I'm trying to be as neutral as possible. And I love Mobb Deep but if they got 4 'bangin' albums then Kast have 4 classics. Now you tell me whos being crazy? I'm not even gonna go into the Snowgoons. I'll admit I haven't heard alot and probably shouldn't be commenting but is this actually a serious pick? If you could convince anyone here that Snowgoons are better than Outkast I'll sell every hip hop CD I own for 1 cent each on ebay. I'm liking the mentioning of EPMD and Public Enemy though so big ups for that. EPMD arguably have a better discography than Kast but I still think the skills of 3k and Big and their influence and success is too much. Still though I definitely respect them two choices.

Panacea, Gang Starr and Organized Konfusion are three obvious picks for me. Solid MC's. Great production. Similar strength discographies. Solo careers etc. It's still hard to put them on top of Kast though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Biggies talent is not over exaggerated, he was an excellent MC for example the first line of "unbelievable":

"Live from Bedford Stuyvesant, the livest one"
    That on it's own is a brilliant example of how technical a lyricist he was, who could have thought of a line like that? And there's blatant examples of internal rhyme right there. Compared to big, Pac as a lyricist was basic, but Pac did cover a fairly large amount of topics and had a brilliant story telling ability, that's not to be forgotten. They were 2 different types of rappers with 2 very different styles and they covered different topics between each other.

Fúck it, Treach smokes the 2 of them when it comes to flows and technical ability, he's a freak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

All of these reinforce my opinion that most of the posters here haven't a clue what Hip Hop is.
    MrKingsley wrote: »
    D-12 world is a quality album and as a group they werent given the credit they deserved
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    British hip hop is shít apart from some of Mike Skinners work.
    horsebox09 wrote: »
    ...DJ Paul & Juicy J are the most underrated producers of all time

Immortal Technique is a sh!tty rapper, a good lyricist at his best, but his flow and delivery are atrocious

Lil Wayne is overhated on this board, Da Drought 3, Dedication 2, Carter 1 and 2 and the Carter 3 sessions are all solid

If 2pac was average technically then Biggie for example was a dribbling 3 year old and Eminem just had a varied flow.

All of these however give me hope.
    baddebt wrote: »
    Wu
    ATCQ
    Mobb Deep (4 absolute bangin albums)
    Group Home
    Jurassic 5
    AOTP
    Jedi mind tricks
    EPMD
    Geto Boys
    Public enemy
    All are Better and have produced better Albums than anything Outkast have done , Merely my opinion of course

ustari wrote: »
    Tupac is extremely overrated as a rapper. He may be a decent poet to some but his rapping is just poor imo.

Lil Wayne is ****e by and large. Can't understand the appeal for him.

Action Bronson deserves more credit, really good rapper, I feel his colour/appearence is holding him back.

The new age of piracy isnt ruining the music industry, it is helping it.

Wu Tang are becoming a parody of themselves.
    weemcd wrote: »
    Big L is one of the greatest to ever MC and is extremely underrated
    2Pac is a fairly average rapper technically.

Hip Hop was never dead, people just weren't looking beyond the charts.

Timberland was one of the most inventive producers at one point and produced exceptional music.

Dr Dre has been wack-sauce since The Chronic 2001.

Mello Music Group should have everyones support in Hip Hop.

All members of the Wu by and large talk nonsense. Particularly Ghost and Rae. But I still love them.

Raekwon has released some dreadful albums.

There are so many rappers/groups on the 'underground' that will never get heard because they don't have financial backing, and they are 20 bazillion times better artists than what is popular.

PS Ustari you still got the Golf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

tossy wrote: »
    All of these reinforce my opinion that most of the posters here haven't a clue what Hip Hop is.

PS Ustari you still got the Golf?

Well aren't we all lucky that you're on hand to tell us what is and what isn't hip hop. Without you around we'd all be lost. Thanks.

Well aren't we all lucky that you're on hand to tell us what is and what isn't hip hop. Without you around we'd all be lost. Thanks.

Anytime Buddy :D maybe my opinions are too unpopular for you :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is the unpopular hip hop opinions threads, so can you agree to disagree please and respect each others opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

I pretty much agree with most of the points, except I think Outkast's Aquemini deserves as much recognition as the other groups posted.

But, there is nothing worse than that elitist music snob attitude.

This is the unpopular hip hop opinions threads, so can you agree to disagree please and respect each others opinions.

Exactly - and i'm of the opinion most people here don't have a clue what hip hop is/was and can be :D

• Advertisement

Exactly - and i'm of the opinion most people here don't have a clue what hip hop is/was and can be :D

Well what is/was hip hop to you then?

Well what is/was hip hop to you then?

You wouldn't understand :D

@tossy - If you wouldn't mind. What/who are your top 5 MC's, groups and albums of all time??

TheComeUp wrote: »
    @tossy - If you wouldn't mind. What/who are your top 5 MC's, groups and albums of all time??

It's a loaded question though isn't it? And it's all subjective i'e my opinion against yours.Plus im not 15 so i try avoid putting things into top 5 lists lol although i have done it. :D

You wouldn't understand :D

Why do you bother calling everyone else's opinion wrong if you're not going to back it up with something yourself? You're just coming across as an arrogant so-and-so.

It's a loaded question though isn't it? And it's all subjective i'e my opinion against yours.Plus im not 15 so i try avoid putting things into top 5 lists lol although i have done it. :D

I'm well aware it's all subjective, I'm just genuinely interested in what you do like and rate...because you're clearly agreeing and disagreeing with other peoples tastes so I'm just trying to figure out what your taste actually is you know? Haha okay thats fair enough..just give a rough few so?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is starting to look like an attack on tossy. I would like to avoid that from happening.

You can see in tossy's multi-quote post earlier (about 12 posts back) of some of what is agreed and disagreed with.

This is starting to look like an attack on tossy. I would like to avoid that from happening.

You can see in tossy's multi-quote post earlier (about 12 posts back) of some of what is agreed and disagreed with.

I'm not trying to attack him or anything. I've noticed his last few posts on the forum and they've all been saying that he thinks no one on here knows what hip hop is. I simply asked him what he thinks hip hop is. He doesn't seem to want to answer it so I've nothing further to add really.

Why do you bother calling everyone else's opinion wrong if you're not going to back it up with something yourself? You're just coming across as an arrogant so-and-so.

I'm not calling everyones opinions wrong,i also quoted a heap of people who i thought were talking sense,so that's a bit unfair. I am far from arrogant so apologies if i come across like that,but it is kind of amusing that on a thread about unpopular opinions you are getting upset about opinions :D
    TheComeUp wrote: »
    I'm well aware it's all subjective, I'm just genuinely interested in what you do like and rate...because you're clearly agreeing and disagreeing with other peoples tastes so I'm just trying to figure out what your taste actually is you know? Haha okay thats fair enough..just give a rough few so?

Just sorting out a few A-Z folders here so will throw out a few random names in no order/preference (i'm sure some of you will ridicule lol,and i'm certain a few flaws in my character can be found based on my preferences)

Action Bronson
    Access immortal
    Afu Ra
    ATCQ
    Big L
    BDP
    Buckle Bros
    Cali agents
    Camp lo
    Common
    Crown city Rockers
    Das EFX
    Derek B
    Defari
    Diamond D
    Dilated Peoples
    ED OG
    EPMD
    Evidence
    Gangstarr
    Glasemilla
    Hi Jack
    Hi Tek
    Immortal Technique
    Jay Electronica
    Jay Z
    Jazz Liberatorz
    Jeru
    J Live
    J Zone
    King Gheedorah
    Kool G
    Large Pro
    Living legends
    London posse
    Main source
    Mantra
    Masta Ace
    Nas
    NO ID
    OC
    Oktober
    PUTS
    Pete rock
    Pharcyde
    QNC
    Rasco
    Raze
    Ruste Juxx
    Saukrates
    Scarface
    Swollen members
    Termanology
    The Beatnuts
    The Roots
    Tragedy
    VA Slim
    Visionaries
    Warren G
    Wu tang
    Xzibit
    Zion I

By no means perfect but a small segment of what i'd be into.Also lads it's the internet so you should stop taking it so seriously :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

People who claim they are into 'real' hip hop - opinion is never wrong if it comes from a place of honesty people and we aint 12

2pac is massively overrated

Biggie Smalls was dope and one of the best MC's eva!

It is over for 50 cent - 1 good album and thats it - Schoolboy Q kills him on the latest track

Ditto Game - listen to Red album only to hear Kendrick kill him on The City

No time for Drake / Lil Wayne history will not be kind to these guys

New NAS album is O.K - Nasty is killer track but again people think it is next coming of Jesus

Kanye is a mental but a genius - Watch the Throne is a great album was his last album

Kendrick is gonna be huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

bigpoppa wrote: »
    People who claim they are into 'real' hip hop - opinion is never wrong if it comes from a place of honesty people and we aint 12

2pac is massively overrated

Biggie Smalls was dope and one of the best MC's eva!

It is over for 50 cent - 1 good album and thats it - Schoolboy Q kills him on the latest track

Ditto Game - listen to Red album only to hear Kendrick kill him on The City

No time for Drake / Lil Wayne history will not be kind to these guys

New NAS album is O.K - Nasty is killer track but again people think it is next coming of Jesus

Kanye is a mental but a genius - Watch the Throne is a great album was his last album

Kendrick is gonna be huge

Nothing controversial there for me, except for Nas, I've had Life is Good on constant repeat for 2+ weeks :pac:

I'm not calling everyones opinions wrong,i also quoted a heap of people who i thought were talking sense,so that's a bit unfair. I am far from arrogant so apologies if i come across like that,but it is kind of amusing that on a thread about unpopular opinions you are getting upset about opinions :D

Just sorting out a few A-Z folders here so will throw out a few random names in no order/preference (i'm sure some of you will ridicule lol,and i'm certain a few flaws in my character can be found based on my preferences)

Action Bronson
    Access immortal
    Afu Ra
    ATCQ
    Big L
    BDP
    Buckle Bros
    Cali agents
    Camp lo
    Common
    Crown city Rockers
    Das EFX
    Derek B
    Defari
    Diamond D
    Dilated Peoples
    ED OG
    EPMD
    Evidence
    Gangstarr
    Glasemilla
    Hi Jack
    Hi Tek
    Immortal Technique
    Jay Electronica
    Jay Z
    Jazz Liberatorz
    Jeru
    J Live
    J Zone
    King Gheedorah
    Kool G
    Large Pro
    Living legends
    London posse
    Main source
    Mantra
    Masta Ace
    Nas
    NO ID
    OC
    Oktober
    PUTS
    Pete rock
    Pharcyde
    QNC
    Rasco
    Raze
    Ruste Juxx
    Saukrates
    Scarface
    Swollen members
    Termanology
    The Beatnuts
    The Roots
    Tragedy
    VA Slim
    Visionaries
    Warren G
    Wu tang
    Xzibit
    Zion I

By no means perfect but a small segment of what i'd be into.Also lads it's the internet so you should stop taking it so seriously :p

*sees Defari, J-Live, J-Zone and Trag Khadafi* we're cool here. Especially liking the J-Zone mention. The guy is a legend. Wish he didn't retire. But nah you're cool proceed... I thought you might be some arrogant hipster but nah it's all good now :)

I wrote out a massive paragraph proclaiming everything that is wrong with snoop doggs (or snoop lion if you like) music over the past 10 or so years. Then i realised i could sum it all up in one sentence

He's a load of bollocks.

Oh no.
    Action Bronson

Of all the rappers who start with A he was your first? I wouldn't be posting about others opinions if he was your first over several others.

On Tupac: An "overrated" rapper couldn't be one of the better rappers at a festival 16 years after they are dead if they were actually overrated. You don't have to like him (or at least don't like him as much as others), but that is different to him being "overrated".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Kanye West is not a genius. He just thinks he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Kanye West is not a genius. He just thinks he is.
    Most overrated producer of all time. Average rapper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

On Tupac: An "overrated" rapper couldn't be one of the better rappers at a festival 16 years after they are dead if they were actually overrated. You don't have to like him (or at least don't like him as much as others), but that is different to him being "overrated".

There are an awful lot of dead musicians who are overrated purely because they're dead. Just look at all the people in this thread who are saying that exact thing about BIG.

Oh no.

Of all the rappers who start with A he was your first? I wouldn't be posting about others opinions if he was your first over several others.

Good man,it's funny how you focused in on Action,i would say you haven't heard half of the acts on the my little list - here's a little "let's all pretend we are 12" test for you lol name another Rapper beginning with A who has debuted in the last 5 years who is better?

Good man,it's funny how you focused in on Action,i would say you haven't heard half of the acts on the my little list - here's a little "let's all pretend we are 12" test for you lol name another Rapper beginning with A who has debuted in the last 5 years who is better?

Action Bronson is dope. After seeing him LIVE, he is even doper. After talking to him in person, he is the dopest rapper starting with A in the last 5 years :D

There have been a few up and comers like Add-2 and ANTHM that given another few years could be excellent.

But I would say the most notable one that could compare to Action Bronson in popularity is Ab-Soul. But give me Dr Lecter or Blue Chips over Control System any day.

Action Bronson is a breath of fresh air.I suppose i shouldn't be surprised that someone who gets a stiffy over the hologram of an overrated rapper doesn't like him :D (that's joke son )

• Advertisement

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Most overrated producer of all time. Average rapper too.

Average rapper, yes.

But exceptional producer, sonicaly, his production is so crisp. And his music is awesome. Listen to any track off MBDTF in mp3, then compare to any other mp3 you have and you can notice the difference.

And I think that everyone should watch this video to see how many mixes of Stronger he done and how it was all over 1 kick. He even got Timmy into the studio to sort out the 1 kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Average rapper, yes.

But exceptional producer, sonicaly, his production is so crisp. And his music is awesome. Listen to any track off MBDTF in mp3, then compare to any other mp3 you have and you can notice the difference.

Absolutely. He's such a good producer, that he gets away with being an average rapper.

I think people maybe don't like him because what he's doing isn't really hip-hop, but rather hip-hop influenced, sort of prog-hip-hop, if you will. I have a theory that a lot of acts who make it big in the mainstream from somewhat niche genres often leave a lot of that genre behind and essentially become a pop/rock act that's just influenced by that genre. I'm thinking of acts like Bob Marley, The Prodigy or Nirvana (though they reverted back a bit for the last album as they/Kurt didn't like how poppy Nevermind was). I reckon Kanye fits into that category. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, either. I think MBDTF is the best thing he's done.

Right I apologise. The main reason I'm on here is to learn about new artists. I don't have any close friends that are big into it so this is my only resource. If it wasn't for this forum I'd be listening to Rick Ross and the likes. I've been introduced to so many new artists over the last few years that I can't keep up with it all. I don't know every artist to have released an album but I'm always open to learning about them. I'll never know as much as Boom Bap and I'm ok with that :P.

I saw Jay Electronica on your list. What made you choose him?

He probably deserves to be on it for "Exhibit C" alone, but he has only released a 15 minute long mixtape and an EP. He has an unbelievable amount of talent but at the rate he's going he may never live up to it. His album is taking forever and a day to be released. He turned it in to his label a couple of months ago and said it was fully complete. I hope he gets his act together and just puts it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I honestly think people don't like kanye because he's nothing more than an arogent d*ckhead.

Right I apologise. The main reason I'm on here is to learn about new artists. I don't have any close friends that are big into it so this is my only resource. If it wasn't for this forum I'd be listening to Rick Ross and the likes. I've been introduced to so many new artists over the last few years that I can't keep up with it all. I don't know every artist to have released an album but I'm always open to learning about them. I'll never know as much as Boom Bap and I'm ok with that :P.

I saw Jay Electronica on your list. What made you choose him?

He probably deserves to be on it for "Exhibit C" alone, but he has only released a 15 minute long mixtape and an EP. He has an unbelievable amount of talent but at the rate he's going he may never live up to it. His album is taking forever and a day to be released. He turned it in to his label a couple of months ago and said it was fully complete. I hope he gets his act together and just puts it out.

No hassles Dude,i like Jay so i have his tunes in my folders simple as,i was going through it yesterday and he was one of the names under J that jumped out at me :)

I love eternal sunshine...

Said it before and I'll say it again, Kanye may be a dickhead but he makes the best mainstream hip hop out there. That's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Was listening to College Dropout earlier, phenomenal production and all the features are excellent.

Eazy-E was Eazy E, he was what he was and he was great at it. He didn't write a lot and he was not the best rapper but he was great in his own way/style very much like ODB (but not many say much bad about him)

It is a shame Proof did not get to make more albums and it is a shame his passing did not catapult him into the limelight.

Aftermath threw away serious amounts of great rappers. Rakim, Busta and Lamont being 3 and they should have signed Crooked years ago.

It is a shame Proof did not get to make more albums and it is a shame his passing did not catapult him into the limelight.

He was amazingly good, "I miss the hip hop shop" is one of the best albums of the 00s. I'm seriously surprised he wasnt cast into the limelight after he died, he was the 2nd biggest member of a major group (and arguably the most talented) and he died in seriously controversial circumstances too.
    "Life" and "Searchin" are easily his best songs, him and Dilla went surprisingly well.
    Proofs music in general is just so easy to listen to.

Hip-Hop from outside the US will be more respected in a few years (much like it took years for canadian and uk hip-hop not to be laughed at)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Said it before and I'll say it again, Kanye may be a dickhead but he makes the best mainstream hip hop out there. That's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Was listening to College Dropout earlier, phenomenal production and all the features are excellent.

Doesn't make him a genius. Just makes him a dickhead who makes good mainstream hip hop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Average rapper, yes.

And I think that everyone should watch this video to see how many mixes of Stronger he done and how it was all over 1 kick. He even got Timmy into the studio to sort out the 1 kick.
    He might be technically good but so are about a hundred other producers. He's good don't get me wrong, but seriously overrated.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    He might be technically good but so are about a hundred other producers. He's good don't get me wrong, but seriously overrated.

Exactly, it's just so uncommon for someone in the charts to actually have talent these days that when someone does, they are hailed as a genius. You just don't hear the media raving about the likes of Hi-Tek.

Exactly, it's just so uncommon for someone in the charts to actually have talent these days that when someone does, they are hailed as a genius. You just don't hear the media raving about the likes of Hi-Tek.

I think that he is under-rated. I know that he gets alot of kudos for his production, but he should be getting more.
    All the up and coming producers are trying to mimic him, and by the time they catch up, he has evolved to the next.
    He's also extremely diverse, he can do a chopped up sample beat (Otis for example....and Just Blaze tries to emulate this style), and orchestral number, a bouncy beat with stonk (Kanye's workout Plan), he can do dirty drum beats, he can even do those horrible sounding chart poppy beats and make them sound great.
    What p8sses me off the most about Watch The Throne is that he only produced 1 song, took him a few minutes, and was the best beat on the album. Even No ID critiqued him for not producing anything on the album.

It's also like Timbaland ont getting enough credit for his production. He was an insanely amazing producer, nowadays not so much, but a few years back he was awesome. Extremely inventive and he changed the sound of hip hop (and RnB) commercially.

I think that he is under-rated. I know that he gets alot of kudos for his production, but he should be getting more.
    All the up and coming producers are trying to mimic him, and by the time they catch up, he has evolved to the next.
    He's also extremely diverse, he can do a chopped up sample beat (Otis for example....and Just Blaze tries to emulate this style), and orchestral number, a bouncy beat with stonk (Kanye's workout Plan), he can do dirty drum beats, he can even do those horrible sounding chart poppy beats and make them sound great.
    What p8sses me off the most about Watch The Throne is that he only produced 1 song, took him a few minutes, and was the best beat on the album. Even No ID critiqued him for not producing anything on the album.

It's also like Timbaland ont getting enough credit for his production. He was an insanely amazing producer, nowadays not so much, but a few years back he was awesome. Extremely inventive and he changed the sound of hip hop (and RnB) commercially.

I'll be the first to admit that the main thing I have against Kanye is that he's a proper c**t :D I wouldn't say under-rated though. Pitchfork gave My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy a perfect 10 score. Not that I'm the biggest pitchfork fan either haha, but the guy is critically acclaimed and hyped everywhere.

No hassles Dude,i like Jay so i have his tunes in my folders simple as,i was going through it yesterday and he was one of the names under J that jumped out at me :)

I love eternal sunshine...

Lovely song. I have high expectations for his album. He has taken so long with it that I when it does come out I think it'll definitely be a contender for album of the year.

I love songs that have a 60-second verse from the artist and nothing else. That J-Elec song is up there but this offering from Emcee Jermaine is the best that I've heard. He's ridiculously under-rated. This guy is better than the majority of mainstream artists. I hope he puts out more. If he were to stop with just his EP then it'd be a real shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

MBDTF is an over-rated album for the simple fact it was kanye's return to rapping after putting out a pop album. WTT is a 10, MBDTF is a good album but imo nothing special.

Kanye get's the praise he deserves, but If you want to talk about under-rated. Madlib is ridiculously under-rated in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Nas is a massive fanny and "i can" is the cheesiest song from a "serious" artist that i have ever heard, ever, in my life, ever.

Madlib is more slept on that underrated. Literally every person I've seen who has heard of Madlib has him in their top 5 producers of all time with Primo, Dilla, Prince Paul, Pete Rock etc. But even so Madlib is one of the more well known underground artists. For his associations with DOOM (another very well known underground artist) and of course his ferocious work rate Lib is anything but underrated imo. I was never a big fan of the Quasimoto albums because of the high pitched vocal effects but people deem The Unseen a classic. Production wise sure but the lyrics and rapping are dreadful. But yeah good looks for bringing up Madlib who is easily a better producer than Kanye and has a convincingly better discography. But the guy isn't underrated. As I said first, slept on would be the proper term...in my opinion of course.

• Advertisement

this offering from Emcee Jermaine is the best that I've heard. He's ridiculously under-rated. This guy is better than the majority of mainstream artists. I hope he puts out more. If he were to stop with just his EP then it'd be a real shame.
    He's not stopping, new EP and album in the pipeline.

Advertisement