Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular hip hop opinions.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    so where's the talent in that?

There is none, besides an ear for beats, but he's living off it so fair ****ing play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Seaneh wrote: »
    Khaled is a mixtape DJ, like Clue or Drama or KJ Slay or Green Lantren or Don Cannon.... etc... He just picks a beat and gets some rappers to lay verses and then publishes it.

if he's a mixtape dj he should stick to mixtapes and not release albums. Mixtapes are about paying the dj to promote your music, khaled is paying rappers to promote his music even though it cant really be called his music because he contributes nothing other than a few shouts.

tbh i started to hate khaled when he ran from gunit after the vma's in the mid 00s, he's a b*tch. When 50's beef with officer ross started to get out of control a few years ago, khaled got involved 50 sent people to his mothers work after he mocked 50s son and khaled done nothing the same way that fat cop done nothing when 50 had his kids and his ex wife at floyd mayweathers house. Khaled and his crew are bi*hes, so when i see them portraying this tough image and lyrics it makes me laugh because on the topic of being real and being a "g" like you said, there sure isnt much proof other than one was a cop and the other is too much of a woman to retaliate when someone is at his mothers troat. funk flex and a whole host of other hip hop heads had to intervene and stop this beef after this video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I got one. Prodigy was the 'King of New York' from 95-97. Yes above Nas, Jay-Z, BIG etc.

if he's a mixtape dj he should stick to mixtapes and not release albums. Mixtapes are about paying the dj to promote your music, khaled is paying rappers to promote his music even though it cant really be called his music because he contributes nothing other than a few shouts.

tbh i started to hate khaled when he ran from gunit after the vma's in the mid 00s, he's a b*tch. When 50's beef with officer ross started to get out of control a few years ago, khaled got involved 50 sent people to his mothers work after he mocked 50s son and khaled done nothing the same way that fat cop done nothing when 50 had his kids and his ex wife at floyd mayweathers house. Khaled and his crew are bi*hes, so when i see them portraying this tough image and lyrics it makes me laugh because on the topic of being real and being a "g" like you said, there sure isnt much proof other than one was a cop and the other is too much of a woman to retaliate when someone is at his mothers troat. funk flex and a whole host of other hip hop heads had to intervene and stop this beef after this video.

THEY ARE ALL FAKE.

NONE OF THEM ARE "G".

THEY ARE ****ING ENTERTAINERS.

Wow people didn't "retaliate" when some gob****e trie to intimidate them, whoop.

50 ran to ****ing Connecticut when he was stabbed ffs, he didn't retaliate.

He got the **** beaten out of him in Marcy by someone he'd know since they were 12 and then tried to say it never happened, he didn't retaliate.

50's as much of a "fake" as any of them.

And he makes **** music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

THEY ARE ALL FAKE.

NONE OF THEM ARE "G".

Will you ever calm the fúck down.

• Advertisement

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I got one. Prodigy was the 'King of New York' from 95-97. Yes above Nas, Jay-Z, BIG etc.

anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

That is a controversial one alright, there was a shít load of talent in that area in the mid-late 90s but it was mostly diddys artists that got all the aclaim because of how big he was at the time. I do rate Prodigy extremely high though, everything he did on The Infamous was pure perfection.

Personally i rate Reasonable Doubt ahead of both of bigs albums and the Infamous and I'd probably rate it about even with Illmatic.

anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

Well in that period he had two great albums. Nas had one. BIG had one. Jay had one great one and one decent one. So based on material released he is the best in those years. And had he one bad verse or even track in those two albums? Jay had more than one average track (I can think of one already on RD), so had BIG and It Was Written isn't really loved eventhough it's my favourite album by Nas. Damn right it's a controversial pick as Paddy said but you can't deny there isn't proof or logic to it. Prodigy was up there with the most respected and feared rappers of that time, if not the most.

Gangstarrmomentoftruth.jpgHardtoearn.jpgCapital_Punishment_1998.jpgBigL-Lifestylez.jpgBusta-coming.jpgBusta-ELE.jpgBusta-Disaster.jpgRaekwon_only.jpgWu-Tang_Forever.jpgIronman.jpgDahshinin.jpgAllwegotizus.jpgShut_em_down_%28album%29.jpgDr._Octagonecologyst_Cover.png

EnigmaKM.jpgNas-it-was-written-music-album.jpgGZALiquidSwords.jpgNas_-_I_Am....jpgStakes_is_High_album_cover.jpgNotoriousB.I.G.LifeAfterDeath.jpgGzabeneaththesurface.jpgBeats-Rhymes-and-Life-Cover.jpgBeastieBoysHelloNasty.jpgThe-Love-Movement-Cover.jpgJayz_inmylifetime.jpgJay-z-vol-2-hard-knock-life.jpgReasonable_Doubt_New.jpg

There was a lot of good stuff coming out of NY at the time... calling anyone "King og New York" is silly IMHO.

• Advertisement

There's numerous albums there that weren't even released in the time frame I mentioned. And what's so silly about it? It's as relevant as calling someone the best rapper alive etc. And Nas/BIG/Rae were even involved in a feud with all the subliminal disses.

every album there was realeasd between 96 and 98.

prodigy didnt realease a single solo slbum n that time.

he was never anywhere near the best rapper in NY.

Mob Deep are decent but they were never at the top level.

Are you actually serious here? 96-98 you say? Hard To Earn - 94. Lifestylez... - 95. Liquid Swords - 95. OB4CL - 95. Dah Shinin' - 95. All We Got Iz Us - 95. I Am... - 99. Beneath The Surface - 99.

Hmmmm considering I said clearly 95-97 what's your point with mentioning those albums if you're saying now it's 96-98? And by what I said that I mean 95 and 96. If I was to include 97 I woulda said to 98. Who cares whether or not he didn't release a solo in that time frame? Are solo albums really the be all and end all? So are you gonna take away Q-Tip's credibility from the ATCQ albums just because they were group albums? Same with the Wu members, Tek and Steele etc. And Mobb Deep were never at the top level?? C'mon now quit fooling around. If you can't regard The Infamous and Hell On Earth as top albums of that period I dunno what's the world coming to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

Yea, what a coward. Why didn't he shoot or stab somebody, or at least kidnap their children?

I mean this is music after all, why aren't they taking these publicity stunt album promo beefs to extreme and violent conclusions?

Everybody knows that "real men" are the ones who end up dead or in jail over stupid pointless ****.

Are you actually serious here? 96-98 you say? Hard To Earn - 94. Lifestylez... - 95. Liquid Swords - 95. OB4CL - 95. Dah Shinin' - 95. All We Got Iz Us - 95. I Am... - 99. Beneath The Surface - 99.

Hmmmm considering I said clearly 95-97 what's your point with mentioning those albums if you're saying now it's 96-98? And by what I said that I mean 95 and 96. If I was to include 97 I woulda said to 98. Who cares whether or not he didn't release a solo in that time frame? Are solo albums really the be all and end all? So are you gonna take away Q-Tip's credibility from the ATCQ albums just because they were group albums? Same with the Wu members, Tek and Steele etc. And Mobb Deep were never at the top level?? C'mon now quit fooling around. If you can't regard The Infamous and Hell On Earth as top albums of that period I dunno what's the world coming to.

I was half asleep and on my phone.
    The reason I posted those albums is because they were all released between 94 and 99, the period when Mob's 3 best albums were released, in that time, not even once, was any of those 3 albums considered the album of the year.

From 1995:
    It was behind Only Built for Cuban Linx and Liquid swords to start with, I'd rather listen to a few others as well over "The Infamous"

From 1996:
    you have Reasonable Doubt, Ironman, The Score, Stakes is High, The Comming, It was written, The Enigma and a load more classics I'd rather listen to than Hell on Earth.

From 1999:
    Black on both sides, I am, Beneath the Surface, Operation Doomsday, The Live and Times of S. Carter, and so on.

And those are just albums from NY I'd rate as albums I'd prefer to Mob's 3 "Best" albums from the years they were released.

The reason I posted all those album covers is this:
    In the 5 years that Mobb Deep released their 3 best albums, they weren't even the best albums to be released in NY those years.

If I was to to one year before or after those releases and then 97 and 98 as well, the Mobb Deep Albums probably wouldn't even be in most peoples top 10 from NY.

1994, Ready to Die and Illmatic..
    1997, Life after death, I Got Next.
    1998, Moment of Truth, The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, Black Star.
    2000, Supreme Clientel, The W, The Big Picture .

Point being, if they never released an album that was the best of that year, how could he be "The King of NY".

Also, the whole King of NY thing was about who was the best rapper, not who had the best album.

Nas had been getitng **** for years about how everything since Illmatic was alet down because his beat selection sucks (and it did) but nobody questioned him Lyrically, he's always been top 5 best lyricists in the world, always.

Jay was releasing albums with much better production and he was on point lyrically too.

Nas vs Jay wasn't about who had the better album it was who was the better rapper and it was because at the time, in that regard, they were head and shoulders above anyone else in NY.
    Even Nas's worst albums have insane lyrical content, even his worst song has lines anyone else would kill for.

Prodigy was never on their level, ever, as a lyricist.

Nas had been getitng **** for years about how everything since Illmatic was alet down because his beat selection sucks (and it did) but nobody questioned him Lyrically, he's always been top 5 best lyricists in the world, always.

<mod snip>leave the moderating to the mods please</mod snip>

an ill flow with no beat is incomplete. Nas has released a truck load of rubbish before life was good and distant relatives imo. Hip hop is dead was a terrible album so was n*gga (controversial names to gain some buzz imo) and streets desciple was also pretty bad. God's son was great but that was 10 years ago so was the lost tapes but thats not an album. life is good was a class album imo despite some here not liking it and tbh was a long over-due decent piece of work on a whole from nas because the one thing you could always critize nas on was he has way too much filler on his albums. Life is good is my favorite album this year so far but like i said it was his 1st decent album in ten years so come off this nas cant be touched rubbish, you critize other people for making bad music when nas himself has released just as much.

THEY ARE ALL FAKE.

NONE OF THEM ARE "G".

im not replying to all of this because your talking through your arse and dont the in's and out's of 50s past with supreme or for that matter nas's. The fact is there not all fake, you do relize the likes of 50 was locked up before rap? the mugshot is even online,the mans an ex con before hip hop,shot several times , links with queens top guys supreme team before hip hop, the beef with ja started after his friend robbed him before hip hop its transcended into the music but started off in the streets before 50 was even on aftermath. The hit factory incident a whole lot of them were stabbed not just 50 listen to the black child interview from murder inc, listen to all the old g unit an actual street gang, bang em smurf, domination who all hate 50 now,they still tell it like it was, look at yayo locked up before hip hop.

I dont care what you or floog think the fact is this is gangsta hip hop and i know id believe a load of lads who were shot and locked up before hip hop over 2 fat boys with one being an ex cop rapping from the perspective of a drug lord...

Like the game said , all the rappers who rap about being shot or shooting this that or the other when the fact is there's only a few in hip hop who actually walked that walk and felt bullets for real. how you gona call them fake?

"I Can't Stand These Rappers Dat Just Shootin Off They Lip
    Every Rapper Is A Clapper
    Your Producer Is A Shooter
    Engineer Gotta Nine
    Label Boss Gotta Ruger
    Yeah Right We Ain't Stupid
    We Don't Believe These Losers
    Gotta Mac In Da Booth
    Tell The Truth, It's A Computer

Ok, U Say U Rap
    U Know How I Can Tell U Whack
    It's 2007 N U Still Sellin Crack
    Back N 1986 When We Was Shootin Over Sneakers
    Crack Was King But Now They Slangin N It's Drastically Cheaper
    It Ain't A Real Demand There Ain't No Short Supply
    Just The Same Old Crackheads Getting Twice As High
    These Niggas Like 2 Lie On How They Kill On Corners
    They Still Corny, They Don't Know What The Real New York Is
    Faster Than A Rose N Crime Inner City Drop
    It Wasn't Cuz The Mayor Added 40,000 Cops
    U On The Corner Like &#147;Wow, My Style Is Pretty Hot&#148;
    But My Style Mile Is Equal 2 20 City Blocks
    Most Say New York Is Soft
    It's Softer With The Beef ****
    Niggas Can't Separate The Music From The Street ****
    Man That's Some Weak ****
    "

Pretty much sums it all up.

"I Can't Stand These Rappers Dat Just Shootin Off They Lip
    Every Rapper Is A Clapper
    Your Producer Is A Shooter
    Engineer Gotta Nine
    Label Boss Gotta Ruger
    Yeah Right We Ain't Stupid
    We Don't Believe These Losers
    Gotta Mac In Da Booth
    Tell The Truth, It's A Computer

Ok, U Say U Rap
    U Know How I Can Tell U Whack
    It's 2007 N U Still Sellin Crack
    Back N 1986 When We Was Shootin Over Sneakers
    Crack Was King But Now They Slangin N It's Drastically Cheaper
    It Ain't A Real Demand There Ain't No Short Supply
    Just The Same Old Crackheads Getting Twice As High
    These Niggas Like 2 Lie On How They Kill On Corners
    They Still Corny, They Don't Know What The Real New York Is
    Faster Than A Rose N Crime Inner City Drop
    It Wasn't Cuz The Mayor Added 40,000 Cops
    U On The Corner Like “Wow, My Style Is Pretty Hot”
    But My Style Mile Is Equal 2 20 City Blocks
    Most Say New York Is Soft
    It's Softer With The Beef ****
    Niggas Can't Separate The Music From The Street ****
    Man That's Some Weak ****
    "

Pretty much sums it all up.

Nice song but look not everyone's fake those lryics can be applied to the likes of Ross and khaled. Il leave it that because it's not worth falling out over it, you think there all fake , I don't simple. :)

@mods wasn't modding at all , just didn't apprciate being swore left right and centre at. Maybe we should all do that in the future looks great for the forum.

Late Registration is better than the majority of hip hop albums that came out in the 00s

Schoolboy Q is the hottest rapper in the game at this very moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Who else? Of course it is my opinion.

His fame as an actor/comedian has if anything hindered his success as a rapper. Oh and just assume imo is after every single word above if it helps you.

I can think of one rapper who people would say is better but CG is not a carbon copy on a WTC member so imo is better.

Don't really know anything about his acting or comedy, so it hasn't really hindered my opinion of him as a rapper. Still think he ain't that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

His Comedy and Acting is good too and it stopped me taking him serious for ages until I listened to Camp.

Schoolboy Q better than Ab Soul and Kendrick?

He ain't even the hottest in his crew

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Late Registration is better than the majority of hip hop albums that came out in the 00s

Not really an unpopular opinion is it?

LUPE wrote: »
    Not really an unpopular opinion is it?

There's a few kanye bashers here and it's not one of those albums you hear mentioned when people name the best of the 00s, you'll always hear the likes of the documentary and the massacre and the mmlp and the eminem show being mentioned way before late registration gets a mention.

floggg wrote: »

have you been listening to him lately? he's sh*tting all over them including lamar.

floggg wrote: »

have you been listening to him lately? he's sh*tting all over them including lamar.

Yea, I have. Habits and contradictions was a good album but not great. It was weaker than Ab-Soul's Control Theory and not a patch on Section.80.

He's good and I like him, but there's way better out there. And Kendrick outshines him on every track they are on together.

Gangsta Gibbs baby?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Gangsta Gibbs baby?!!

He's definitely up there. He's only been on a few songs this year but he nailed all of them. In the last two weeks he's been on two class songs. The one with Domo Genesis and Alchemist is brilliant. He's also on one with Gotham Green and Quickie Mart called "All I Know". Released last week and great as always.

"Shame" and "Thuggin'" have shown that MadGibbs' album could be the best album of the year. They are two unbelievable songs. Shame is a song of the year contender for me. If they carry that form over to the album then it'll be mind-blowingly good.

Madlib is a genius. Gangsta Gibbs is a genius. All is good in the hood :).

• Advertisement

Freddie Gibbs for me.

The MadGibbs album is a classic.

Advertisement