Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Closure Northside Shopping Alternative

Options
  • 27-07-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

More bad news about the banks, just heard TSB are closing up to 20 branches in Dublin and Cork along with Northside. Thinking of moving to EBS, what are there coverage of banks like and is there any fees in using there bank also what are there savings like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Also do EBS have a visa debt card were i can use it on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Don't know if I would move to EBS on the basis of their offices staying open.

Hmm not sure what to do now, problem is TSB will become a self-service centre them self-service machines do not let me transfer money into my savings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

EBS is now owned by AIB and a recent article in the Indo suggested that all of their branches will close which is probably a distinct possibility since there probably isn't a single branch of EBS that doesn't have an AIB branch less than half a mile away.

EBS used to be a cash-friendly institution which catered for savers with deposit accounts but it's started to adopt the practices of the bigger banks, charging for drafts being the start of the process, they used to be free.

I wouldn't open a new account with the EBS, you'll only end up with an enforced shift to an AIB account within the next year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

AIB are closing many branches also..saw it today on breaking news.

• Advertisement

Fe*k sake branches closing left right and centre by looks of things soon there will be none left. Am I better of staying with TSB or is there a better choice for my saving and to pay the bills? Staying clear of ESB/AIB as stated by coylemj they have become robbing snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why can't you remain with PTSB and use telephone/Internet banking to transfer money into your savings account?

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Why can't you remain with PTSB and use telephone/Internet banking to transfer money into your savings account?

Didnt even know that was possible pacman.gif

Shouldn't be an issue. Once your registered for either/both, you can set up the other account to make transfers to and you should be then able to move the money as you need to.

Ill do that so thanks :)

• Advertisement

Apologies to bring this thread back to life but any idea when the branch is actually closing seen the one on henry street is now gone but northside remains open.

I don't think they've given a date for NSC/Tryellstown to convert to self-service (or not that I've seen). I can't imagine it will be long, however.

I don't think they've given a date for NSC/Tryellstown to convert to self-service (or not that I've seen). I can't imagine it will be long, however.
    Would be nice to inform the staff. Couldn't believe they closed down the two in city centre, at least keep the one on henry street open.

I'm sure the staff already know.

As for Henry Street.why? It was barely a stone's throw from the branch on O'Connell Street. Of all the closures, that one is quite logical.

I'm sure the staff already know.

As for Henry Street.why? It was barely a stone's throw from the branch on O'Connell Street. Of all the closures, that one is quite logical.

Is that one not Bank of Ireland or AIB?

Nope :)

Advertisement