Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garnetts & Keegans 2 pc fly rod

Options
  • 27-07-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi

I have a Garnetts & Keggans 2 piece fly rod its antique and in really good condition just missing an eye from the middle. I was wondering would anybody be able to tell me how much would I should look for this. I was offered 120 euro and another friend told are you mad, so if anybody honestly knows I would appreciate yer help. I wouldn't say there is many around, would I be right, so any info about this rod would be fantastic.

I got this from the Irish Fishing and Games museum and tried ringing for their opinion: Exhibits tell the stories of hunting and fishing from two angles. They show ingenious devices—such as hollowed cow horn, used to hold mayflies for fishing—made by ordinary people who hunted and fished to supplement their diets. The museum also displays the exquisite guns, rods and tackle used by the well-to-do, who hunted and fished for sport. An entire room is dedicated to Garnett’s & Keegan’s, an Irish firm that supplied fine fishing and hunting equipment worldwide.

Advertisement