Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Nonsense

• 27-07-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there

Getting the runaround from UTV and am wondering where I stand with it. They have suspended my broadband account because I exceeded my cap. The package I'm on is 12MB downstream with a 20GB cap. I had been on a 3MB unlimited cap package prior to this, but after I switched, I kept coming close to exceeding my cap, so I queried UTV about a breakdown of the usage, and as it turns out, I had been consistently exceeding 25GB per month for the months prior to switching, but they decided either not to check this at the time or they just sold it to me anyway.

Got a mail last week telling me that I was about to exceed my cap, and in the meantime I had noticed that UTV had quietly bumped up the cap on their website to 30GB, so I replied asking if I could have that. They then replied offering me their "next-generation" fiber package with up to 17MB downstream based on line tests they performed, and unlimited cap and an uncongested connection, so I replied last Friday asking them to put me on that. Since then, I haven't heard a peep, and now this has happened, so I feel like telling them to get lost to be honest. 1 week turnaround time to respond to emails is way too long.

Their customer service has seriously declined since we joined them a few years ago. They made an absolute dog's dinner of the move from 3MB to 12MB; we waited two weeks, hearing nothing from them. Then we rang asking where our faster broadband was, and an hour later they put us on 8MB. We rang back AGAIN to ask them what was going on and they told us our line wasn't able to take 12MB. The line quality statistics on our router begged to differ, and what was more annoying was that we had to ring them to tell us. The lack of communication was shocking. A further three weeks later we finally got our 12MB, but now we've run into this crap, and I'm just sick of dealing with them.

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to UTV, or if this is a common experience with their customer service?

Thanks

Advertisement