Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing in Bali - Bingin/Padang Padang - Help Needed

Options
  • 27-07-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey

So myself & my girlfriend are heading over to Bali for a few weeks in October and I am going to surf for a week.

I am 1 year or so surfing and can stand and turn left (me and Zoolander have left down) but still very much a novice so want to do surf school (private lessons) for 3 of the days I am there.

I am looking for any recommendations on any schools I should look at as I want to get the most out of them.

Anyone have any recommendations & also on accommodation in either Bingin or Padang Padang?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

October is a great month for Bali. Not as crowded and still decent surf & wind direction.

The spots you mentioned are both hollow waves, so they are shallow and break over coral reef. When they are working they are always busy with local rippers, making them hard waves to surf.

If you have been surfing just over a year you have no chance whatsoever of being at the level required to deal with the waves mentioned. You will hurt yourself, or someone else.

My advice is to stick to easier spots in Bali.
    Kuta beach, maybe Kuta reefs (if you are surfing reefs here), and the points a bit to the north of Kuta.

Advertisement