Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Part For Ford

Options
  • 27-07-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all.Was told today that I need to get the fuel injector replaced on my Ford Focus tcdi.The main dealer on the Cork road wants to charge me 1,115 euros thats including parts and labour.My question is does anyone know of a garrage or mechanic that could do it for a bit less or does that seem like the normal price for that job.Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I start ringing around.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I can think of two that would do that job cheaper, but you would need to get the parts yourself. Scanlons Motor Factors in Waterford do the parts, which can be cheaper than the main dealer. Some parts you can get in fairly good condition from car scrap yards also.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

Id go here http://www.dieselinjectionservices.ie/ there based in cashel very good for anything diesel related, they might be able to recondition your old injector or supply you with one alot cheaper than a main dealer for the same part, lots of main dealers send there diesel problem cars too them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

www.micksgarage.ie ya can buy unbranded car parts here

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

www.micksgarage.ie ya can buy unbranded car parts here

you will probably get this reply
    Sorry, these parts are currently not available from MicksGarage.

micks garage is not great

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭nunn351

Without leaving Waterford , I used to use a Diesel engineer at Waterside .- Chris Finnegan .

http://www.goldenpages.ie/finnegan-diesel-engineers-waterford/1/

• Advertisement
Advertisement