Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first day shooting with marlin 25 n m

Options
  • 27-07-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Had the day off so was like a child going around making targets and a bench..got sights set and spent the rest of the day shooting crows and noticed a fox on my patch..nice little gun trigger is a little heavy tho..happy with the mod seems to deaden the bang a noticeable amount obviously leaving the crack..happy I got rid of the shotgun for it(still I seen some lovely shots for the shotty today)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

Sounds like you are happy with the 22. wmr you bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

Ghost. wrote: »
    Sounds like you are happy with the 22. wmr you bought.

yep theres no other gun like it haha few little bits and bobs il have to change to put my mark on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Did you get the fox? :D Marlin are a grand gun.. they are really under-rated.

garv123 wrote: »
    Did you get the fox? :D Marlin are a grand gun.. they are really under-rated.

I wasn quick enough to line him up for a clean shot IL wait tho..so far I would recommend a marlin

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭darg

shooter88 wrote: »
    ..nice little gun trigger is a little heavy tho..

Very easy way to make the trigger pull lighter using the spring out of one of those "soft feel" pens (€2 in tesco). Plenty of guides online and very easy to DIY

• Advertisement

darg wrote: »

Very easy way to make the trigger pull lighter using the spring out of one of those "soft feel" pens (€2 in tesco). Plenty of guides online and very easy to DIY

sounds good will it make it much lighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

eh put a spring off a pen into a rifle? I think I'd rather stick to parts designed for the rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

did this myself with my 917v and its a massive difference. be sure to do all the saftey checks before loading when your done.
    This is the guide i used
    http://firearmsdesigner.com/?p=388

did this myself with my 917v and its a massive difference. be sure to do all the saftey checks before loading when your done.
    This is the guide i used
    http://firearmsdesigner.com/?p=388

Good link it didn't seem to hard to do IL have a closer look later and see if I'm up to it..would be handy to have it lighter its to heavy for my liking my dads .22lr's trigger is extremely light

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

sounds good will it make it much lighter?

Check out www.rimfirecentral.com you will find loads of tips regarding trigger modifications inc. the biro spring trick. It works too !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

The spring from a biro is OK untill you knock the gun by accident, then it will fire on it's own so be very very carefull.Go get a riflebasix trigger and be safe.

marlin vs wrote: »
    The spring from a biro is OK untill you knock the gun by accident, then it will fire on it's own so be very very carefull.Go get a riflebasix trigger and be safe.

i didn realise it would weaken it that much i think il take your advice and get a proper one...any ideas where to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

i didn realise it would weaken it that much i think il take your advice and get a proper one...any ideas where to get one?

Here you go I hope this help's.

http://www.riflebasix.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

Advertisement