Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensation between panes of glass

• 27-07-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

I have condensation between the panes of glass on one of our pvc french doors, the other door is fine. I've done a bit of googling and the remedies range from drilling small holes in the glass to calling in the experts who inject some sort of gas in between the panels. Has anyone else solved this problem ? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Me too, let me know if you fix it, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just get it reglazed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I can't afford to reglaze...hope there is a quick fix out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Can't afford to reglaze either so hopefully someone has a cure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I can't see any repair jobs working satisfactorily to be honest. You'd have to somehow identify the minuscule break in the seal and repair that and then also remove any moist air that got in somehow. There's a guy on adverts.ie offering a replacement door glass for €110 which sounds reasonable to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Wondered about this type of repair.
    What if you took the glass out, drilled a small hole in the seal and extracted the moisture.
    Then just reseal all around. This would mean no searching for the original , miniscule leak. Any thoughts on the viability of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Cerco wrote: »
    Wondered about this type of repair.
    What if you took the glass out, drilled a small hole in the seal and extracted the moisture.
    Then just reseal all around. This would mean no searching for the original , miniscule leak. Any thoughts on the viability of this?

Problem is if it was an ''Argon'' filled unit that has also leaked our reducing the ''U'' value of the unit.
    So drill two holes, pump in fresh Argon,through one, , expelling the moist air,through second, re-seal and bingo.

Advertisement