Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever fallen in love..

• 27-07-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

With someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

What is this "love" emotion you speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Merged with "Debs" thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    Ever fallen in love..With someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with?

Everytime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Lust YES, Love...no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

OP 1st cousins are okay , just not 2nd cousins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Love is silly carry on :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Love is a terrible thing,
    It makes a man a fool,
    It takes away his appetite,
    And wears away his tool.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Yes it was quite pleasant also, for a while ... until the inevitable happened ... i still miss her to this day, but i know she's not far away from me, and if i ever dig up the patio we'll be together again ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

HOS 1997 wrote: »
    Ever fallen in love.. With someone you shouldn't have fallen in love with?
    My first wife. Ended in divorce.
    Second wife I struck gold. Consider myself very lucky second time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Sometimes it happens with the person you least expect. My girlfriend and I were friends for a long period before hooking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

A stripper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

cocoshovel wrote: »

If you don't know what it is, how did you know it was an emotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

If you don't know what it is, how did you know it was an emotion?

Probably googled it Duh!

This is the internet we're on here!

Mcfly Hello!!!

Just rustled your Jimmies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,236 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes OP and I was thinking about that recently in fact. She was manipulative about it too, and attention seeking. Brought out the worst parts of me. But you can't help too much who you fall in love with. I can at least acknowledge I got to see one of the worst sides of it and thats something I can hopefully take to my advantage when I do in fact meet someone whose actually worth my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Sure did! Although it was great at the time and it ended on good terms. It just wasn't meant to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Sure I have. Nothing but misery. Teaches you a hell of a lot though so it was worth it for the life experience. Something everyone probably goes through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

It's worth giving it a shot whenever you get the chance. If it lasts, fair play and good luck. If it fails, you learn something. Win/win imo. Getting over it the first time is a tough one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

How could one ever forget... was 19 and it took me at least 5 years to actually get over it fully looking back now!!
    Worst feeling ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

Weirdly, nope. Never got my heart-broken, never got dumped, never dumped anyone either. I think I'm very lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a connection between the title and this video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Ms.M wrote: »
    Weirdly, nope. Never got my heart-broken, never got dumped, never dumped anyone either. I think I'm very lucky!

I think it's boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I lost my heart to a starship trooper.

RumDrinker wrote: »
    I think it's boring.

Well you're not there when I'm acting out unrequited love scenarios with a hair-dryer and mirror to the tune of Total Eclipse of The Heart. And then sobbing into my pillow; "Don't leave me!"
    Yea, now! Compete with that!

p.s And how is heart-break exciting or dynamic? It seems pretty miserable and tragic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Are you a virgin or did you strike it lucky with the first guy you met and still goin strong? :p

It seems pretty miserable and tragic.
    Some people prefer to spend their lives like a goldfish in a glass ball - safe and boring, while others enjoy variety of experiences.

cruais wrote: »
    Are you a virgin or did you strike it lucky with the first guy you met and still goin strong? :p

Oh no, I feel I've misrepresented myself. I get why the other poster might of thought it was boring now ...

So it went like this...

Slutty... slutty ... slutty ... fell in love... married :o

I actively avoided commitment because I thought I was too young and also as a young one I was very distrustful of men-folk under the age of about 25. So waited until I got to an age where I could date the older men without thinking they were durt burds for wanting to date me. :)

And I struck gold! :o

Some people prefer to spend their lives like a goldfish in a glass ball - safe and boring, while others enjoy variety of experiences.

Judgmental much?
    You sound like a barrel of laughs yourself...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Yup, the girl who works in the local sex shop.

Was so obsessed that I bought a rubber penis from her one day and the next day brought it back and told her I couldn't get it out of the box. So she tried to but also couldn't remove it either but the game was up when I shot my load all over her and she realised that it was my own cock now in the box she'd been pulling.

Judgmental much?
    You sound like a barrel of laughs yourself...

No need to get personal.

I am entitled to my opinion and I'm gonna say what I think whether you like it or not, get over it.

• Advertisement

No need to get personal.

I am entitled to my opinion and I'm gonna say what I think whether you like it or not, get over it.

Me, get personal? :eek:
    You quoted me saying I was lucky I've never dumped someone or been dumped and stated it was "boring", then you quoted me and went on to say some people chose to live in a glass bowl and be safe and boring. :( How mean!
    "My opinion is that you're boring" is fine, not personal at all while "your being judgmental", "you sound like a barrel of laughs yourself" is? (The latter is because you were a meanie and didn't seem impressed by my time spent singing Total Eclipse of The Heart to imagined dramatic Home and Away-esque scenarios)

Ok so. My opinion is that you're being judgmental. Will that do?

Let's hug it out dude. :o
    Just hug it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

"My opinion is that you're boring"
    I think you are overreacting. I also think you are twisting my words.

Let me re-iterate:

All I said was that "I think it's boring" which means that IN MY OPINION living without going through good as well as bad things is boring.

That's all.

Whether you take the above statement personally (as referring to your lifestyle directly) or not - is not really my problem. If you don't like reading opinions that differ to your vision of the perfect world - is also not my problem.

Let me end this ridiculous "conversation" and if you have anything else to add you can PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

the difference between men and women.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUH34iqK7cI

I think you are overreacting.

No, you're overreacting, my posts are quite calm and banterful...
    I haven't taken anything you've said personally at all. :) I'm pretty sure it was the other way around. Sorry if I caused offence. It's a pity we couldn't hug it out. I don't PM strangers.
    Bye!

• Advertisement

Cant we all just get to there and appreciate the diversity of people for a change , without the use of lables, like slut, manwhore, and douchebag ???

Cant we all just get to there and apprciate the diversity of people for a change , without he use of lables, like slut, manwhore, and douchebag ???

I know what a slut and a manwhore is... but is there a widely held definition for douchebag? Because I'm worried I've been using it wrong :(

I know what a slut and a manwhore is... but is there a widely held definition for douchebag? Because I'm worried I've been using it wrong :(

Dont you worry your pretty head about it Ms. M ... ( you should prob change your name to Mrs.M )

Now ill sing the robbie bit of you sing the Nicole parts ... and put a bit of feeling in it ..

Dont you worry your pretty head about it Ms. M ... ( you should prob change your name to Mrs.M )

Now ill sing the robbie bit of you sing the Nicole parts ... and put a bit of feeling in it ..

Ok.

Then can we sing Total Eclipse of The Heart together? And can you pretend you're the love of my life but you've had relations with my sister and I find out on the same day I discover I'm catwoman?
    Can ya?
    CAN YA? :D

Ok.

Then can we sing Total Eclipse of The Heart together? And can you pretend you're the love of my life but you've had relations with my sister and I find out on the same day I discover I'm catwoman?
    Can ya?

I cant guarentee i'll be able to hit the high notes...

You're reply is very 50 shades ..... but you can dress up as catwoman any time ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Ok.

Can ya?

I cant guarentee i'll be able to hit the high notes...

You're reply is very 50 shades ..... but you can dress up as catwoman any time ..

Keep it in your pants brah...

And you could definitely hit the high notes lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

cocoshovel wrote: »

This explains a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Shryke wrote: »
    Sure I have. Nothing but misery. Teaches you a hell of a lot though so it was worth it for the life experience. Something everyone probably goes through.

Try three times...some people have a hard time learning their lesson

Fell in love in Secondary..............never even said anything to her I was so shy...that was painful

Fell in Love in college....that was ten years of abject misery and torture....the girl at one point tried to set me up with her cousin (I was speechless and said something weird I'm sure I was so hurt)...watching a series of boyfriends come in and out of the frame felt like it crushed my very soul............used to look forward to just being around her............................I was and still am an incredibly pathetic fool in some regards....you would think I'd have learned my lesson, but no there was no one else for me except her for years afterwards!

Then thought I would grow some stones and got angry and decided myself and relationships and women just weren't going to work out so I gave up and actively avoided any opportunities so painful had living in hope only to have it constantly crushed been................only for a nice girl in work to start flirting with me (or so I thought...genuinely I wasn't imagining it)....so after a long period of hmmming and hawing finally came out of my protective cocoon and asked her out only for her to tell me she had a boyfriend....wtf?.......now I have a thing for her and it seemingly hurts just as bad as it did.................I tried to avoid the whole thing this time and I still ended up getting fcuked up.....what next......if its immaturity then why cant I grow up and be like everyone else?

Now I dont know if I'm sad or angry but I do know definitively that its possible to be hurt much worse than the first time for some but its also possible to fall in love with more than just one too and tbh I'm not sure if thats a good thing.....................tbh at this stage I'm wondering if love is just a complete illusion and you could go out onto the street and pick someone at random who looks fairly acceptable, is mentally fairly stable and make yourself fall in love with them

The human condition eh?.......................gotta hate it!

Advertisement