Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Sensor problem

Options
  • 27-07-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I connected a sensor to an outside light today.I wired the sensor to the existing live from switch and took another wire from switch to light.There was two neutrals coming to light so i brought one to the sensor and took a connection to the light.The sensor works perfectly but when I try to overwrite the sensor by turning on/off switch twice it doesnt work.However if I do this at the trip switch it works.Whats the problem?
    Another question,Could I take a live direct to sensor,connect sensor to light and leave switch connected to light as always so that I can put on light if I need to.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

To achieve what you are trying, you'll need a permanent live feeding the sensor (from the common of the switch or direct from correct mcb) and a switch wire from the sensor to light. Sensor will also require neutral connection from same circuit

You'll also need to leave the existing switch wire from your existing switch

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MAYOMICK

Thanks for the reply and I can take a permanent live to sensor handy enough.But i am curious to know with the present set up why I can override the sensor at the trip switch and not at the wall switch.Seems a bit peculiar.

Advertisement