Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are European ladies so much more stylish?

• 27-07-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

I have had the opportunity to travel around europe in the last few weeks and I noticed something very striking based upon my daily observations

If you walk down any popular street , in any major continental european city , you will lay eyes upon masses of stunning looking women , often dressed in very simple but very well thought out and fashionable clothing, its like an outdoor fashion shoot runway. Gorgeous women in optimum physical shape ,wearing stlyish fashionable clobber and carrying themselves very elegantly

I sat at an outdoor cafe for maybe 10 minutes in munich , and I counted maybe 60 - 70 stunning , pretty women wearing elegant and chic dress wear .Even girls pedalling by on bicycles looked chic , wearing old fashioned dresses and haute couture tops .Even their bicycles were stylish, often cycling old school bicycles with a basket .

Then you come back to ireland and walk down o connell street and the difference is startling to say the least. Alot of ill fitting garments showing rolls of skin , caked on make up , and alot of sportswear and "comfortable looking" attire

Has anybody else picked up on this on their travels ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The answer is probably Dunnes Stores and Penny's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Er, Ireland is in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Thats racist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Oh hello. Are we overdue our foreign women are better than Irish women thread for this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I'm sure some would say the same about Irish men.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

I have had the opportunity to travel around europe in the last few weeks and I noticed something very striking based upon my daily observations

If you walk down any popular street , in any major continental european city , you will lay eyes upon masses of stunning looking women , often dressed in very simple but very well thought out and fashionable clothing, its like an outdoor fashion shoot runway. Gorgeous women in optimum physical shape ,wearing stlyish fashionable clobber and carrying themselves very elegantly

I sat at an outdoor cafe for maybe 10 minutes in munich , and I counted maybe 60 - 70 stunning , pretty women wearing elegant and chic dress wear .Even girls pedalling by on bicycles looked chic , wearing old fashioned dresses and haute couture tops .Even their bicycles were stylish, often cycling old school bicycles with a basket .

Then you come back to ireland and walk down o connell street and the difference is startling to say the least. Alot of ill fitting garments showing rolls of skin , caked on make up , and alot of sportswear and "comfortable looking" attire

Yup, you keep hanging out on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Yep. Even our pets are getting more obese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Don't base your opinion on what walks down O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Oh Christ, here we go again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭badabing106

I'd say you are right in that regard , but my attention was drawn to the gals:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Could say the same thing about the men to be fair. Sick of seeing un tanned, un stylish men in Ireland... on the continent, they're so much better etc etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

**** you, that's why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Were there many women who looked like oompa loompas on your holliers OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 xL

Because of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Oh hello. Are we overdue our foreign women are better than Irish women thread for this week?

As much as we both know it'll unfortunately evolve into that, he has a point.

A lot of cycling, a lot of good taste.

Not one jumpsuit, not even one, have I ever seen worn in mainland Europe.

'twas a non-sight to behold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The weather, It could be sunny, rainy, snowy, windy & over cast all in the same hour - Best just throw on a hoody!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

/Woman bashing thread
    Oh Christ, here we go again :(

Surely it would have been easier to report the post instead of making snide comments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement