Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Thread - Hunting - Read MOD NOTE in post 1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Hi Lads , we went out again today , a great morning for a stalk , light frost and little or no Wind. We saw a good few deer and the mate dropped one on the spot at 120yds with the 30-06. I was on the camera again and got a video of it, and have added a handy little bit at the end showing how to remove the lower legs on a deer , might be a help for some novices.

Here's the Video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThNVYV6l_FI&list=UUUwlo0DFDm-1iw76QeQ_UIA

Thanks
    Great videos, FairPlay
    What knife is that you're use looks good and sharp,

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

ronn wrote: »
    Great videos, FairPlay
    What knife is that you're use looks good and sharp,

Its a knife i bought in hilltop a number of years ago. It is very sharp . I have a video on how i sharpen it on the youtube channel. Have a look....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Lads which of the gopros are you using

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

allan450 wrote: »
    how do you merge the clips id love to do it would look a lot better alright.people told me to use the go pro one but it looked way to hard.

In go pro studio when you have your clips selected (they will be down along the left hand side). Click on them and drag them down to the bottom of the page in the sequence you want them in,I'm only after getting the hang of it myself pm your number and I'll ring you if you want me to talk you through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

Well lads here is Saturdays shooting as I had Santa Claus Sunday.....But got a nice few clips all the same had pointer/setter out till about 3 and brought Springers out for last hour or more. Great day and nice dog work. End of Day bag from 2 different Gun Clubs was 5 cocks, 1 woodcock, 2 teal and a snipe. Hope ye like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭springer man

My English Setter retrieving a pheasant I shot over the river. please ignore my stupid praise, its a thing I do with my dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJsQMC84rHQ&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Well lads here is Saturdays shooting as I had Santa Claus Sunday.....But got a nice few clips all the same had pointer/setter out till about 3 and brought Springers out for last hour or more. Great day and nice dog work. End of Day bag from 2 different Gun Clubs was 5 cocks, 1 woodcock, 2 teal and a snipe. Hope ye like it.

Great land and good t see lads having the Craic 7:10 was a laugh

Great land and good t see lads having the Craic 7:10 was a laugh

Cheers lad, go hard or go home.

Cheers lad, go hard or go home.

That's it mate. Woodcock was a great shot. Miss them days shooting in Cavan
    Land you hunt is very similar. And always a chance if meeting 2-3 different species in same field

That's it mate. Woodcock was a great shot. Miss them days shooting in Cavan
    Land you hunt is very similar. And always a chance if meeting 2-3 different species in same field

I was lucky he straightened up for me

• Advertisement

I was lucky he straightened up for me

The way he rose was perfect tho
    Dammit I need a dog and new land
    Almost half tempted to join a club :(

The way he rose was perfect tho
    Dammit I need a dog and new land
    Almost half tempted to join a club :(

And get some videos up

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭springer man

My English setter retrieving a mallard duck.
    Sent him blind for this bird. My uncles dog wouldn't fetch him up so I came from a nearby pond and set him out. Some tough work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAkfLobioE8

Sorry for the roaring that ye are about to hear.....I was in a rush editing before Xmas party last night and had a problem turning down the volume. The last retrieve in the video was funny because I didn't think I shot him and thought Oddie was gone mad. But we were meeting a friend at my van about 600 yards up the hill and he was picking holly, he heard the shot and was looking down and seen a cock pheasant running across the drain and up past him on the hill and he said Oddie was on quickly behind him he went to hide in cover and Oddie went in and brought him out....... walking past my friend he said she turned stopped and looked at him with pheasant in mouth and on down the hill then to me.....Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

3rd video for 2014
    Some nice retrieves with springer coming on

Was messing with settings and seem to have shrunk it but the gear symbol gives some better clarity when on larger screen

3rd video for 2014

Was messing with settings and seem to have shrunk it but the gear symbol gives some better clarity when on larger screen

Great video lad, nice shot on the second Cock that was going up over the cover, and some serious retrieves in there well done.

3rd video for 2014

Great video lad, nice shot on the second Cock that was going up over the cover, and some serious retrieves in there well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hathcock

3rd video for 2014

excellent vid,lovely dog work,great trial of the springer on that runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Remember me?

hathcock wrote: »
    excellent vid,lovely dog work,great trial of the springer on that runner.

Nice little bitch you must be happy with her progress I would be .

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

i downloaded movie maker and emerged all the clips.its a handy app that.makes everything a lot easier.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME_va2QtpLs

• Advertisement

allan450 wrote: »
    i downloaded movie maker and emerged all the clips.its a handy app that.makes everything a lot easier.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME_va2QtpLs[/QUOTE

Great Video lad well done.

Couple of Days I hadn't posted yet but here they are

This video is just extended from the last video, I had rushed making it as I had xmas party the same evening.

Wet Day out with Pointers and Setter, camera a bit faded over the rain.

The weekend just gone

Bailey Setting Woodcock

big shoot on yesterday as every year on st stephens days.seen a serious amount of birds even with the bad weather.here is a video of most of the day.we didnt win longest pheasants due to a few runners coming back with no tail ha ha.got heaviest duck so wasnt to bad.sorry about bad language in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S4e6wDTk4E

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭villa1979

Good video nice shooting are the 2 springers pets they look confused when you give comands and not hunting much the cocker is doing all the work

no mate they look pretty **** alright.one is 7 months and the other is 8.nothing done with as of yet.their hunting alright but they were out of their depth was a 4 hour run longest yet and the coldest day they faced with the wind and the snow.plus getting hit with an electric fence didnt help them either ha ha.il put up a video of them hunting and you will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭villa1979

4 hours and my springer is tired also like i said great video good shooting great little cocker nice to see plenty of woodcock not seeing many in carlow at the moment

il get a video of the pups they can hunt.i walked an a bit of forestry no bigger then a football pitch and put 10 woodcock out of it.Their is massive numbers in up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Oisin on Pheasant: http://youtu.be/_mvUiUuMCbs

• Advertisement

Havent been out as much got out a few days.building pens with my mate on the weekend so been tied up.broke my toe that had me out of action for awhile.here is a video of a few hours here and their over the last 10 days.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJem72yAWQ

Advertisement